Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 201

Thread: Sugar definitely worst thing say same people who said it was definitely fat page 11

  1. #101
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,310
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Animals were more prevalent in those days then today. You read evolution of the human body?
    Just because animals were prevalent relative to human beings doesn't mean we had the TOOLS and the luxury to capture them every single day.

    Once again, I don't really actually care what my ancestors ate. As Primal Moose pointed out, my ancestors merely survived and not thrived. My ancestors also didn't have internet debates with newbie know-it-all zealots.

    Lol. How cute...you read a pictogram. Now go read some research that isn't a blog post by your guru of choice.
    JOURNAL.

    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

    "A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

  2. #102
    Scott F's Avatar
    Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    That's all good if your ancestors were hunting alone and had a whole deer to themselves. Without a doubt, they ate the offal and the fat. But when a whole tribe is sharing one animal, even a behemoth like a mastodon, there is only so much of that to go around. And the majority of our ancestors lived in environments where plant food; fruits, berries, tubers, leafs, etc; would have been available in some quantity year round. They would have eaten their fill. Surviving was their concern. Lets be realistic here, our average ancestors probably looked a lot like this (http://jeremylent.files.wordpress.co...ng-bushmen.jpg). Now, they may be healthy, who knows, but I don't want to look like that, nor do many people training here. Survive =/= Thrive.
    Bull shit. Tubers and fruit were not prevent year round, certainly not in European Asian climates. Modern humans have molars bigger than fruit eating chimps but smaller than the savanna tuber eating ancestors because we, unlike those ancestors, modern humans evolved to eating animals. And that required cooperation in hunting and sharing meat. Humans need a tribal structure, sharing of labor, to survive effective. Even Ishi couldn't go it alone
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

  3. #103
    Scott F's Avatar
    Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Just because animals were prevalent relative to human beings doesn't mean we had the TOOLS and the luxury to capture them every single day.

    Once again, I don't really actually care what my ancestors ate. As Primal Moose pointed out, my ancestors merely survived and not thrived. My ancestors also didn't have internet debates with newbie know-it-all zealots.

    Lol. How cute...you read a pictogram. Now go read some research that isn't a blog post by your guru of choice.
    If your ancestors merely survived and not thrived you would be here debating with your relatively energy costly big brain
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

  4. #104
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,310
    Scott F. Are you the picture of health? Are you lean? If so, why do you care what we eat or not eat, much less what our long-dead ancestors ate?

    But... ARE you actually healthy and lean?
    JOURNAL.

    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

    "A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

  5. #105
    Primal Moose's Avatar
    Primal Moose is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Bull shit. Tubers and fruit were not prevent year round, certainly not in European Asian climates. Modern humans have molars bigger than fruit eating chimps but smaller than the savanna tuber eating ancestors because we, unlike those ancestors, modern humans evolved to eating animals. And that required cooperation in hunting and sharing meat. Humans need a tribal structure, sharing of labor, to survive effective. Even Ishi couldn't go it alone
    Do you know what reading comprehension is? I never said that tuber and fruit were prevalent year round. I said that plant material was available year round. Seasonality. When fruits were in season, they would have eaten as much as they could get their hands on. When trees were dropping nuts, they would have eaten as much as they could both grab and get open. When they found tubers, they ate them. I never said that they were sitting there eating berries year round. I said that, for most of the planet, there is some source of plant food available year round and that our ancestors would have ate every bite that they could have gotten their hands on. They needed every calorie to survive.

    And thank you for proving my point. Even in the large mammals, there is only so much offal and fat to go around. Of course they ate those parts. Yes, those were the preferred parts. But, when having to feed a whole tribe, those parts are only going to be able to make up a small percentage of each individuals diet. Unless you're going to tell me (and be able to prove) that they ran entire herds off of cliffs, harvested every organ and fat store, left the meat to rot, and then repeated it the next day with another herd, I don't see how you're going to seriously claim that organs and fat made up the majority of the calories for every individual of a tribe for the majority of the planet.
    Last edited by Primal Moose; 03-09-2014 at 09:59 PM.

  6. #106
    Scott F's Avatar
    Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    Do you know what reading comprehension is? I never said that tuber and fruit were prevalent year round. I said that plant material was available year round. Seasonality. When fruits were in season, they would have eaten as much as they could get their hands on. When trees were dropping nuts, they would have eaten as much as they could both grab and get open. When they found tubers, they ate them. I never said that they were sitting there eating berries year round. I said that, for most of the planet, there is some source of plant food available year round and that our ancestors would have eat every bite that they could have gotten their hands on. They needed every calorie to survive.

    And thank you for proving my point. Even in the large mammals, there is only so much offal and fat to go around. Of course they ate those parts. Yes, those were the preferred parts. But, when having to feed a whole tribe, those parts are only going to be able to make up a small percentage of each individuals diet. Unless you're going to tell me (and be able to prove) that they ran entire herds off of cliffs, harvested every organ and fat store, left the meat to rot, and then repeated it the next day with another herd, I don't see how you're going to seriously claim that organs and fat made up the majority of the calories for every individual of a tribe for the majority of the planet.
    Rolling my eyes, just how much tree bark, cadmium, are you willing to eat when seasonal fruits and tubers weren't available? If you think feeding a whole tribe on animals is tough do you really think feed them with plants is easier? All the prehistoric cave paintings I've seen were of hunted animals and plants
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

  7. #107
    TQP's Avatar
    TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,310

    Sugar definitely worst thing say same people who said it was definitely fat

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Rolling my eyes, just how much tree bark, cadmium, are you willing to eat when seasonal fruits and tubers weren't available? If you think feeding a whole tribe on animals is tough do you really think feed them with plants is easier? All the prehistoric cave paintings I've seen were of hunted animals and plants
    Are you really basing your diet off of finger paint drawings?

    So scientific. Primal enthusiasts we have a winner.
    JOURNAL.

    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Popsicles!)

    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

    "A sense of humour and a little lack of respect: that's what you need to make a legend survive."- Karl Lagerfeld

  8. #108
    Scott F's Avatar
    Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    930
    Oh and btw they stored nuts/ acorns for lean times. I've made flour from leached acorns. It's a a lot of work but the tannins have the advantage of acting las a preservative so your argument they only eat that stuff seasonally is wrong. It was a fall back food.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

  9. #109
    Primal Moose's Avatar
    Primal Moose is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Rolling my eyes, just how much tree bark, cadmium, are you willing to eat when seasonal fruits and tubers weren't available? If you think feeding a whole tribe on animals is tough do you really think feed them with plants is easier? All the prehistoric cave paintings I've seen were of hunted animals and plants
    It's like talking to a five year old. So now plants have only fruit, roots, and bark? Show me where I said that they were feeding a whole tribe on plants? I said that they ate every edible calorie that they could get their hands on. And that included unlimited fruits, tubers, leaves, nuts, stems, and any other edible plant material that they could get their hands on, along with offal and fat stores and tendons and bone marrow and the muscle meat of prey animals whenever they managed to kill them. However, if you think that they were dropping a mammoth every day and that every member of the tribe was eating unlimited amounts of offal and fat, you're just a delusional as the people who claim that meat and animal products were never a significant part of the human diet.

  10. #110
    Primal Moose's Avatar
    Primal Moose is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Oh and btw they stored nuts/ acorns for lean times. I've made flour from leached acorns. It's a a lot of work but the tannins have the advantage of acting las a preservative so your argument they only eat that stuff seasonally is wrong. It was a fall back food.
    So, you're admitting that I was right?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •