Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (LessofMimi) page

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member

Talking Primal Journal (LessofMimi)

Primal Fuel
    Putting it out there. Feel like a fat chick in a bikini standing on the diving board at a public pool. lol
    My name is Melissa. Some know me as Mimi. I'm 35, married 12 years, 2 kids. Family all Primal. I do sub-20 grams of carbs. My highest weight was 330. This morning I weighed at 255.8.

Food: Everyday I have coffee w/ HWC and various sugar-free Torani syrups, one large 16-ounce mug. Rarely have alcohol anymore.
    I have 216's crock-n-balls cooking up right now (first time making them). Also going to make a bacon-cheeseburger meatloaf today. Couldn't decide between the two, so making both. Will also have one or two of Batty's Blueballs of Butter today, too. <3 those.

Exercise is iffy. I have a back injury from '98 that left me permanently disabled. Batty is my inspiration - My son weighs nearly 50 pounds and some day I'll have a pic of me with him on my arm. I have so much energy, and I want to get out there and do sprints and burpees and hikes and more. Someday. For now, I'll keep swimming and walking and lifting what I can.

I'm still learning what Primal means. I've been learning low-carb for 10+ years, so that is what I know. I want to know Primal. My family all do 50-100 (hubby has already lost nearly 20 pounds), but there is still room for improvement. I yearn for a deep freezer so we can get deals on pasture-fed. I splurged once on grass-fed ribeyes and I about died from pleasure.

Finally some consistent effort since December 2009 (when I discovered my pancreas was crapping out) has seen major changes in my weight, healthy, and body. My BG are now normal and I am off insulin and meds/supplements, my BP is under great control on a lower dose of meds. Things just keep getting better and better.

Finally committing to a journal here, in the hopes of becoming more primal and getting to goal for the first time ever.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, glad you liked the crock n balls! Good luck with your goal!

I've been having crock n balls, kielbasa, bacon-cheeseburger meatloaf, heroin chicken, and bbq chicken last few days. Some green beans for veg, but mostly just meat. Batty's blueballs of butter. Some LC ice creams, but those are gone, never to be had again. Also discovered I'm now intolerant to the Diet Hansen's I was having - major UTI stuff. Sticking to mineral water w/ citrus juice & stevia, iced tea, and plain water.
    Went in the pool w/ the kids for a couple of days. Did some lifting today. Tomorrow will be walking, and hopefully the pool again.

Sometimes I really enjoy a very-full belly. Ahhh.
    Just ate both a regular coleslaw and a chinese-y one w/ a bunch of heroin chicken. Capping it w/ some dark chocolate. Hopefully in half an hour or so I feel like doing more than floating in the pool.
    I actually did some pushups and a burpee today, lol. Need to find my kids jumprope. Can I jumprope barefoot?
    Life is great!

Made it to the pool yesterday, but messed up my back doing cannonballs. Only had one meal yesterday.
    One-meal really seems to make the most difference in my inflammation levels. Had to constantly hike up my shorts today.

Got out of bed this morning and went to the farmer's market for the 1st time. Found a gift for my Mom's birthday and awesome deals on stuff for a BAS. Kids are finishing up the fresh watermelon I brought them for breakfast. Can't wait for next week. Will get goodies for the 4th.

Tonight will be a BAS and burgers. I'm going to make salmon burgers and sirloin burgers. Also picked up some Kerrygold to make more of Batty's Blueballs of Butter. MMMM.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LessofMimi View Post
    Sometimes I really enjoy a very-full belly. Ahhh.
    +1

whats heroin chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    +1

whats heroin chicken?
    Basically chicken nuggets made from fowl mammaries (the original recipe was for wings, though). Dip in fat of your choice, bread in parm or almond flour or crushed pork rinds - mixed with spices, whatever you want. I use lots of paprika, chili powder, garlic & onion powders.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Her...Addicted-69990

Weight stayed the same from one TOPS meeting to the next. What you don't see there is the 3 pounds I put on and managed to take off in a week's time. I've been on this pattern, hormonal no doubt, of losing 3 weeks in a row, and gaining the 4th week. Well, this was my 4th week and I didn't gain. Or at least, not at meeting time. If I can be a good girl for the 4th (dinner at Mom's, wine, and non-primal treats abound) I should see a decent loss by next Monday. Yay!
    I did the 'program' at the meeting today and I did it on strength training. I can't see the old-ladies out there doing burpee's, but they really could benefit from some weigh-bearing activity.
    After my meeting we headed to Mountain Mike's for their AYCE buffet. I take the toppings off about 10 slices of pizza and heap it onto a BAS. Since pipes were being worked on at our apartment and we had no water all day, we decided to go out. Headed to our local kids museum and then on a whim to the Tech Museum and ended up getting a membership there. Lots of walking involved, stairs, and play at the kids museum. Seriously, who needs a gym?
    Came home to find water will be shut off tomorrow, too. Fun. Go back to the Tech for the day? lol
    Having another BAS w/ a crumbled sirloin burger, and my homemade bacon-ranch dressing. Will cap the day w/ a Blueball of Butter, ala Batty.
    No pool today, and probably not tomorrow either, thanks to the damn plumbing issues. Maybe we'll go in anyway and just stay in there until the water is back on.
    Good day. Felt Primal. Feel strong. Feeling better from upping veg.

Was able to make the pool yesterday, but spent most of my time there helping my youngest to learn to swim, so I didn't get much of a workout in.
    Plumbing didn't take as long to fix as we thought. We thought about jumping ship, but then I thought of Grok and considered it a primal challenge to live without running water for several hours. Images of me going to the pool, or the local creek w/ a bucket ran through my head. lol
    I had two BAS's yesterday. One with salmon burgers, and one with pan-fried shrimp. And two blueballs of butter for dessert. OMG. I am loving the homemade bacon-ranch dressing I made. I won't ever go back to bottled. This is too easy and so freaking delicious!
    I was so going to avoid the scale until Monday at my TOPS meeting, but damnit, I'm addicted! Got on this morning and I'm only up .4. Not bad for adding in a second meal per day (and the resultant carbs) for the last couple of days.
    I am out of BAS material, and $ til Friday, but I do have tons of homemade coleslaw in the fridge and bags of frozen spinach in the freezer, so maybe some creamed spinach, too. I've got some brats thawing and I'll onion/beer those up, then pan-fry in butter & bacon grease.

Day before yesterday I had a very nice lady who does handmade wooden signs offer to make me one with a phrase she came up with to reflect a new word I learned and 'adopted' (and shared on FB). I'm getting one that says "A baconista lives here". rofl. She's too sweet for doing that for me. I can't wait to hang that sign in my kitchen.

OMG, had to update since my daughter, who's also gone Primal in the last month, just weighed herself. She is 10 years old. 5'5" and was 159+ the last time she weighed. Today, she's at 153!! I credit the pool and the Primal changes we've made in her diet. She's so excited and I'm so proud!!

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast