Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What to tell the Non-believers? page 3

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    when I see a package of oreos, I don't see food.
    That's an awesome expression of the Primal mindset. I routinely walk through the bread aisle now and all I can think is "poison, poison, poison."
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

bac82 is offline Junior Member
    This is completely vain, but sometimes I want to tell non-believers to compare their body to mine to see whose plan is most effective. When I tell them I do minimal cardio and intense weight lifting just a few times a week for only about a half hour, I usually gain some clout and they'll give a second thought to those "healthy whole grains" :-)
    Last edited by bac82; 06-24-2010 at 11:07 AM.

cookie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    I tell the non-believers that a vegetarian/whole grain diet is the way to go. I dont need them jacking up meat prices.
    haha three cheers for MeatMe216!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    When I first started PB i tried to spread the word. I was very enthusiastic about sharing my vegetarian habits when that was my thing.
    Partly I keep my mouth shut because being so wrong about vegetarianism has humbled me. But mostly I dont say anything because people are surprisingly more offended by abstaining from grains/sugar than meat. It's gotten to the point where I hope people DONT ask me what Im doing cause I'm not versed enough in the science and dont want to fumble around with my explanation. Just started reading the vegetarian myth and GCBC is in the mail, so maybe Ill be better prepared in the future.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member
    I have told several people about how and why I eat the way I do.
    I have made a presentation, gave it to some people in my office.
    Unfortunately, people say that they like the thoroughness in the slides, but they still would not do it.
    Its difficult to change, when everybody else is doing the opposite.
    For people who are convinced, their family prevents them from implementing anything.

LeanLioness is offline Junior Member
    I am wondering, how can their family prevent them from implementing things into their own life?

My hubby eats low carb, but not primal. I do make him some home made bread each week and after we slice it, we freeze part of it because of the lack of preservatives it goes back really fast...........

We eat a lot of the same things, but he does eat some beans, legumes and grains that I do not eat............

That is each of one of our choice to eat the way we each do.

I don't get the whole control thing...........

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    It's not magic, it's a lifestyle choice.........whatever works for the individual is the key to sustained weight loss. It's definitely healthier for sure (no grain) but extreme low carb isn't any more effective calorie for calorie than a high protein diet with moderate carbs for losing weight. I love the lifestyle for the most part. The only thing I don't agree with Mark is on the consumption of carbs.

Carnivore is offline Member
    I just tell people I don't eat any grains and limit dairy for health reasons.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    I tell the non-believers that a vegetarian/whole grain diet is the way to go. I dont need them jacking up meat prices.
    +23

Gathwh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Take it slow. Explain sugar and seed oil avoidance first. Also explain that the primal diet is a very appetite suppressing diet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast