Thread: Atherosclerosis across 4000 years of human history page

Kinnell is offline Member

Atherosclerosis across 4000 years of human history

MaceyUK is online now Senior Member
    Some pretty sweeping conclusions from some pretty presumptive science. Confirmation bias at work.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    meh. i stopped reading at the beginning when the authors suggested using 5 mummies from one area was suggestive of that specific historical culture at large. yawn. who funds this shit?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    The 5 mummies might, at best, give you an idea of how the rich people at that time, in that place, were fairing. Not much beyond that.

M.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    "might".

'zactly.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    The 5 mummies might, at best, give you an idea of how the rich people at that time, in that place, were fairing. Not much beyond that.

M.
    It is interesting for that alone though, I would think? We have a pretty good idea what Egyptian people, at least, ate and did. From a paleo perspective, these were all (?mostly?) people from post-agricultural societies, consuming lots of barley etc. Also lots of fowl, as opposed to large game. It would be interesting to compare them to similarly aged hunter gatherers.

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    It is interesting for that alone though, I would think? We have a pretty good idea what Egyptian people, at least, ate and did. From a paleo perspective, these were all (?mostly?) people from post-agricultural societies, consuming lots of barley etc. Also lots of fowl, as opposed to large game. It would be interesting to compare them to similarly aged hunter gatherers.
    I wont disagree with you, but the data is horribly limited for what they're trying to prove or disprove.

M.