Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping page

Anonymous Guest

As I sit here, up way past my bed time, I'm reflecting on the importance of having a good sleep schedule and getting sleep.

For me at least if I go through a week where I don't get enough sleep a few nights during the week, I don't make a weight loss that week and my body just starts to feel wonky.

Sleeping is really important, it's the only time your body can repair itself. So make sure you get plenty of sleep.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

I love to go to bed early-- everyone thinks I'm nuts.

I've been in the habit for the past few years of going to bed at 8-8:30 and waking early at around 5-5:30. Very early morning is my favorite time of the day. It's so peaceful.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member

I cherish my sleep, absolutely.

Thursday I pulled basically a triple shift at work. I got up at 5am and went to the gym, then worked 8am-5pm. Then thursday night I went back in at 7pm-5am. I'd been awake for 24 hours. Went home and slept a couple hours and worked again from 8am-5pm. Worked 28 hours out of 33. I'm STILL recovering. It's a good thing they paid me really well for my time.

Sure, the money is great, but I feel like crap. It's Memorial Day weekend, the weather is fantastic, and I have ZERO energy. This sucks! I can't wait to get back to normal.

JonesJitter is offline Junior Member

I sleep a lot at the moment. 9-10 hours every night. It's easy for me because it's getting dark very early here in thailand (around 7PM) - and I don't have to get up early for work, since the timezone-thing does so that when people are checking in at the office where my business is, the clock is 2PM here in Thailand.. :-)

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Once I started getting high quality sleep, I found it very difficult to go without it. Now I don't enjoy the night life at all. Not that I ever really did, being a quiet kind of guy and a non-drinker, but now going to bars and being exposed to all that noise and bad music and the sight of people poisoning themselves is getting downright unbearable. I'm in bed by 10 every night and I don't feel like I'm missing out. You meet such nice, interesting morning people when you get up early anyway

My roommate, on the other hand, loves going out and drinking and staying out late. He is pretty much useless before 11 a.m, sometimes 12. And then he can't get to sleep again before 1 or 2 in the morning. Gets home from work and crashes on the couch and watches TV for 6 hours. It's a cycle I'd rather avoid altogether.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Daughter of Grok Guest

I'd be interested to get feedback on how many hours of sleep everyone gets vs. how long their body will sleep. A close friend of mine and I are both primal, yet, for some reason I only need about 6 hours of sleep, and my body will never allow me to sleep more than 7, whereas she will sleep more than 10 hours every night. Since we both lead such similar lifestyles when we compare and she is needing 3-4 hours more than me a night, I find this to be odd. I would be curious to know if you other PBer's sleep more or less than the average person.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I once went for a week or so sleeping about 9 hours a night. Now I tend to get 7 and a half to 8 and a half. It's impossible for me to sleep past 7:30 a.m.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

SugarCookieBrooklyn Guest

I average 6-7 hours per night. For the past copule years I REALLY enjoyed getting more on the weekend by using a sleep mask, I could pop it on in the AM and get another 2 hours easily. But the past couple months the oversleeping, or perhaps the change in routine, triggers my migraines. Kind of sucks because that additional sleep really increased my weekend energy, but it's not worth it. :-(

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member

I average 7-8 hours a night. Rarely do I go with more or less.

I'm like PrimalChild. I don't stay up late anymore. If I sleep past 7am I feel like I wasted part of my day.

hannah Guest

PrimalCon New York

I find it really hard to go to sleep, I will not to go to sleep until 2am on a regular basis and I don't think this is particularly good for me. I also find on a night when I don't get alot of sleep I am really hungry the next day, which is a bit weird.

But, I am trying to go to bed by 11 and wake up at 7, I figure I'll take a couple of days to adjust but then hopefully I will be fine.

At the moment I normally only get about 6 hours sleep which I don't really think is enough as I often seem to be tired, but there is just so much to do!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast