Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did confidence become an everyday thing for you? page

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member

When did confidence become an everyday thing for you?

Shop Now
    Hi all! I feel I need to put a warning here- I'm going to expose my soft underbelly in a rather long winded way. It may be over-sharing to some people.

Still here? okay then; story time!

I have noticed many people on MDA get a surge confidence after becoming paleo. Sometimes its in relation to weight loss but sometimes just because you feel better eating this way/ are taking control over your health. I feel this too- I get up in the morning and I'm like "Life is great, I'm 22, I'm healthier and fitter than I've ever been, I'm about to earn my Masters, I'm a great student, a great teacher, I have a lovely (and handsome) fiance..." and the list goes on and I have a wonderful productive day. People open doors for me, guys check me out, girls want to be friends, my teachers are pleased when I offer my opinions in class, my students enjoy my classes and all in all, this is a long winded way to say everyone LOVES confidence. I want everyday to be like this and I think they should be.

But I notice something weird, some days I just don't get this feeling. In fact I feel the opposite. I think "I could be stronger or leaner, my skin could be clearer if I stopped eating so much xy and z, I could do better on my papers (92%? whats wrong with me? I can do BETTER), my students aren't doing as well as they could, is a master of arts really going to help me get a job? my handsome fiance could do better..." and the list goes on. These days I'm not productive and people don't like me and I don't blame them. I know this is how I always used to feel- before paleo, before losing 30lbs and back when I ate cheeseburgers and tacos every day (Quick, whats worse than SAD? How about SAD + Mexico's standard diet). Thing is, I don't eat cheeseburgers anymore and nothing has changed from one day to the next but somehow I wake up with my brain thinking I'm still that person from about three years ago now. Somehow I think I'm that person that was covered in acne, was overweight, wasn't healthy, had a toxic home life and friends, had nothing going for her etc. The frequency of these days is rather random too. Sometimes its rare, other times its most days. I try my best not to let it get the best of me and try to go on as if I still feel the confidence from before but sometimes I get run down.

I share this with y'all because my friends have never been in a situation like I was before. They've all been healthy and happy their whole lives. They just say; but you're doing/looking great now, what are you going on about? I was hoping some of you had experienced something like I have and could offer some insight on how you got over it. My questions are, am I the only one? Did any of you get over this or do some of you wake up feeling like you never changed/ went paleo? When did confidence become an everyday thing for you?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eig; 02-28-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: fix kitty pic
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Eig, host ya pic on an outside site if you want us to see it within the next week.

And you have no idea how many men's dreams were just shattered when you used the word "fiancé."

I am glad you're having success though. Keep it up!

I'll buy you around of victory wings sometime.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I'm the wrong person to ask; apparently when I was born I slapped a nurse on the butt and winked at her. I've had weapons-grade confidence pretty much my whole life.

That said, knowing you're eating healthy and working out properly does a ton to breed confidence--and I think one key is not being "scared" of being confident, if that makes sense. There's some kind of perceived social stigma surrounding confidence these days, usually from people who lack it.

When someone asks if I can do something (physical or jobwise) my typical answer is to shrug and say "Yeah, probably." Because I know I probably can.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    KITTY!!!!!!

Confidence is still not an everyday thing for me. I still deal with anxiety and sometimes depression, though it's tons better than it used to be. Most of the problems now are bad habits. Maybe sometimes you are just waking up on the wrong side of the bed! Maybe you had an apple yesterday instead of banana. The brain is an odd thing. You could try tracking things (moods, your cycle, food, exercise) and see if a correlation pops up.

But it could just be something totally random that you are not realizing. The question is: what do you DO on those off days? Do you indulge? Do you fight it? Do you reflect? Do you blame?

For me, my off days occur more than once in a blue moon and I was able to track them to my cycle (the entire week before my period is AWFUL emotionally). On good days, I can't say I've noticed the level of sunshine & tweeting birds that you have but I am also pretty oblivious.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

althalou is offline Junior Member
    Ok.. First thing is some people has misplaced confidence. Never put a confidence in a physical appearance because one day that will fade.

althalou is offline Junior Member
    Who you are comes from within. Your beauty or intellect is not dependent on the opinions, looks, or words of others. You are a beautiful creation whether you are perfect or not. Always think on the good things. Accidentally posted other before I meant to. Sorry

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    My confidence grew when I became a mother.

It's pretty stable since I hit 30.

eig
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Eig, host ya pic on an outside site if you want us to see it within the next week.

And you have no idea how many men's dreams were just shattered when you used the word "fiancé."

I am glad you're having success though. Keep it up!

I'll buy you around of victory wings sometime.
    Aww haha thanks! I do love wings.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

eig
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    KITTY!!!!!!

...You could try tracking things (moods, your cycle, food, exercise) and see if a correlation pops up.

But it could just be something totally random that you are not realizing. The question is: what do you DO on those off days? Do you indulge? Do you fight it? Do you reflect? Do you blame?...
    I should track it- it does feel random but it couldn't hurt to see. How I deal with it tends to change based on how much stress I've been under. For instance; at the begging of the semester I really have a pile of work to do. IF I have an off day here I'm more likely to sit down and cry or go home early and make a bunch of faleo desserts (which I typically NEVER eat). Sometimes I reflect and think about what I'm doing with my life, like asking myself if this degree is really worth it, etc. If I'm really on top of things I try and pretend its not happening. Sometimes I try and divert my attention by working harder or the opposite- playing when I should be working.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    Aww haha thanks! I do love wings.
    Me too. Thank god for 80/20.

Anyway, offer stands.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast