Thread: Office Party Side Dishes page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Office Party Side Dishes

Primal Fuel
    I have to bring a side dish to an office party and need to be able to serve about 8 people with it.

I am the only primal/paleo/remotely healthy person in my office, so I would like to bring something primal and show them that french fries are not the only food they have to eat with their shitty burgers.

Does anyone have any ideas on a fairly simple and most importantly -affordable- side dish I could try bringing? I don't want to feed these guys steak or anything because they definitely will NOT appreciate it. (yes, I know this sounds harsh but almost every one of these guys is 250+ pounds and inhales junk food all day)

Help me, please!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Fat guacamole devils. Pepper poppers. Mushroom poppers.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Puddymama is offline Senior Member
    How about Primal deviled eggs? We used avocado instead of mayo, some dijon mustard, salt, pepper and paprika. I sprinkle real bits of bacon on top. As the avocado turns them green and we are using bacon, we call them green eggs and ham.

The primal deviled eggs / guacamole devils sound awesome... if I can find some avocados ripe enough to use by tonight (party is tomorrow) I will definitely make those!

If I can't find them... Pepper Poppers sound awesome. Do you have a specific recipe you like, Naiad?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If you can have dairy:
    Slit 6-9 jalapenos and remove seeds and membranes. Mix a brick of cream cheese and 1 finely chopped jalapeno. Stuff each pepper through the slit with the mixture to just shy of overflowing. Wrap each pepper completely (no pepper showing) with bacon, 1-2 slices. Grill until bacon is to your liking.
    If you can't have dairy:
    Instead of the cream cheese mixture, mix well together the minced jalapeno, 4 slices bacon, and 4 eggs. Stuff the jalapenos, wrap'em, and grill' em as before.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    even without the avacado, devil'd eggs are still awsome. You could make em with bacon mayo and then freak everyone out when you tell they just ate bacon fat.

fxdwgmikeb is offline Senior Member
    Its fun and easy to make a nice antipasto salad. Plenty of primal recipes out there.

Thanks guys, I've decided on making these, but with Bison:
    http://girlgoneprimal.blogspot.com/2...meatballs.html

MMM... MMM... Bison Balls!

And a selection of delectable Deviled Eggs with either Avocado or Baconnaise depending on whats at the market.

You guys rock, thanks!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    your officemates arent worthy! Gimmie gimmie!

dsantana is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    If you are doing it as a side try a nice coleslaw