Thread: Losing 3lbs a day? page

Root is offline Junior Member

Losing 3lbs a day?

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I've been following the blog for years. Been on and off primal and was crossfitting for two years prior to a back injury a few months ago. Since then I've not been working out regularly and not eating very well. The old emotional attachment to bad food was winning.

In the past few weeks I decided it was time to get active again and get my diet back on track. Instead of starting up again with me CrossFit box I purchased equipment for home and have been ramping up WODs the past two weeks slowly as I regain my strength and endurance again.

This past weekend I decided it was time to really master my diet again. I'm 39 years old, 5'10". When I weighed myself this past Monday morning (it's Wednesday now) I weighed 216.4. That's the heaviest I've ever been. I do have a big frame so even at my fittest with Crossfit I was hovering around the 200 lb mark. As of that weighing I could comfortably fit into a size 36 waist pair of jeans.

Since the start of Monday I've been back on a strict primal diet. A good amount of food, never hungry. Eggs, meat, berries, veggies, lots of water, some coconut milk, nuts and seeds. When I weighed myself yesterday morning after day 1 I was at 213 lbs and this morning I'm at 210 lbs.

Is that even normal? Losing 3 lbs a day? It seems absurd. I'm wondering how much longer I should expect that rate to continue? It's obviously nice news and I can feel the difference in how my pants fit, it just seems a little crazy.

Weigh yourself again in another two weeks.

Short-term scale anomalies are just that.

ryanmercer is online now Senior Member
    Water (carbs hold a lot of water in muscle), bowel movement.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Jason Paul is online now Senior Member
    Your weight can easily fluctuate a few pounds even within a single day. Drinking water, eating, going to the bathroom (clothes?), etc. can all effect what the scale says.

I weigh myself once a week, straight out of bed, after a morning pee, but before I drink anything. I try to keep all things equal as best I can.

Jason

kathleen is online now Senior Member
    Weigh yourself at the same time every day. It's likely water weight, bloating, etc. that's going away.

There is also, you know, poop. A friend of mine went on a water cleanse, and she kept excreting her bowels for three days after she stopped eating! TMI, but the body can literally be full of shit.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

BigTim is offline Junior Member
    My weight fluctuates anywhere between 2 and 6 lbs during a day. More if I've just ate a truck load of carbs, as I then tend to hold onto liquid like a sponge, which takes about 3 days to flush.

RolandasPT4U is offline Junior Member
    That's why it is not recommended weighing yourself every day. 2-3 weeks would be a good weighing interval. Like mentioned above water/carbs retention and bowel movement can make this 2-3lbs difference. In order to see realistic numbers you could follow the simple procedure: the evening before weighing reduce liquids consumption and eat light (protein food, no fibre), weigh yourself in the morning (preferably after using bathroom). Also, it would be useful to add waist size measurement with tape measure (on belly button to stay consistent).

samstevetoes is offline Junior Member
    gppd.Weigh yourself at the same time every day. It's likely water weight, bloating, etc. that's going away.thanks

Cephas is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandasPT4U View Post
    Also, it would be useful to add waist size measurement with tape measure (on belly button to stay consistent).
    This. The absolute best scenario would actually be to gain weight and lose inches off waist.