Hello all - I am fairly new to this whole primal thing and was introduced to it by my boyfriend about 4 or so months ago. I have always been a fairly active person and very cautious as to what types of foods I put in my body and always opted for what society leads you to believe as the healthier choice….you know the drill….low fat, whole grains. However, in reading Mark’s book, I was shocked to learn that this in-grain (no pun intended) belief was not necessarily the healthiest choice for my body.

In January I cut back on my grains and totally cut them out of my diet about 3 months ago and to be honest I don’t miss them. I have been good at keeping my daily carb intake to 50 - 60g, and I am working on increasing the fat content in my diet. This has been a bit of a struggle for me - not because I believe it is unhealthy for me, but I believe the many years I spent avoiding this food source has made it difficult for me to ingest it in large quantities. Trust me I would love to swallow a couple teaspoon of coconut oil a day, or drown a salad in olive oil, but it is tough for me to stomach so I have to find other ways to eat it. As for the dairy - in short….I Love it!!! I have cut back my dairy portion considerably, but still enjoy some milk with my protein shake in the mornings and still snack daily on the odd bit of cheese.

I guess my next step in this journey is to adopt the aerobic side. I have been an avid runner for many years, but I bowed out of a half marathon I was registered for after reading Mark’s book. I still run, but not near the distance. I have also been known to do the odd triathlon and after a three years hiatus, I decided to give it a go one more time. So needless to say, the training and cardio exercises have been a bit on the “heavy” side lately, but once my race is over, I intend to give the other half of this theory a go and I will keep you posted.

Good luck to all of you in your journey.