Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone drink almond milk? page

JasonBanz is offline Member

Anyone drink almond milk?

Primal Fuel
    I tend to shy away from milk because of the 12g per cup and try to consume 50g or under daily. I found almond milk has fewer carbs than regular milk and wondered what you guys thought of the taste.

dcoffill is offline Junior Member
    I use the Blue Diamond brand unsweetend vanilla Almond breeze milk...not sure how primal it is im newer to this lifestyle but it seems pretty legit. Heres a link to the nutrition facts http://store.bluediamond.com/Almond-...ened_p_38.html it tastes good...the color is darker then milk which was alittle strange at first. I can drink it plain no problem but I LOVE it mixed with protien powder, unsweetend coconut milk and if you can spare the carbs for the day a little chunk of banana...its kinds like a pina colata LOL! It works pretty well since its dairy and soy free! Enjoy!...oh and sorry if people smack it down if it ends up not being very primal...i tried

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoffill View Post
    I use the Blue Diamond brand unsweetend vanilla Almond breeze milk...not sure how primal it is im newer to this lifestyle but it seems pretty legit. Heres a link to the nutrition facts http://store.bluediamond.com/Almond-...ened_p_38.html it tastes good...the color is darker then milk which was alittle strange at first. I can drink it plain no problem but I LOVE it mixed with protien powder, unsweetend coconut milk and if you can spare the carbs for the day a little chunk of banana...its kinds like a pina colata LOL! It works pretty well since its dairy and soy free! Enjoy!...oh and sorry if people smack it down if it ends up not being very primal...i tried
    It has tapioca, which is a no-no to be quite honest!

I am really tempted but I wasn't sure about the tapioca starch in it.

What's wrong with tapioca starch?

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    I have been drinking it too (same brand too) for a couple of years. I don't use a lot of it, but I have made a couple protein shakes with it for quick meals. Will keep watching thread to learn about tapioca. Thanks

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Never had it, but I like rice milk.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    I use coconut milk ....but I'm not a milk drinker so it is only for a protein shake here or a swig there... nothing serious

I may have to try coconut milk! I'm currently using heavy whipping cream and water for my protein.
    Insert whitty diet remark here!

dcoffill is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a feeling the tapioca starch would cause a stir LOL! However I think I can live with the 4 carbs from the maybe 2 cups of almond milk i drink though out the week! I guess Ill just consider it my BIG cheat for the week! Good luck in your quest for a primal alternative!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast