Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Eat Raw Eggs? page 2

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Only about half the protein is bioavailable.......which is fixed when cooked. I do eat raw egg on occasion but most 99% is cooked.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    1-2 raw egg yolks per day.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Thank you everyone for your comments. I sometimes can't stand Mercola, but a lot of his stuff is great.

It seems as if eating raw eggs is completely unnecessary but is fine if you buy from a trusted local farmer.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    I had a raw egg in a smoothie on the weekend and I thought I was going to toss my cookies for a good 3 hours afterwards. Never again. The same thing happened I remembered, when I ate a slightly undercooked omelette in France one time.

Grokdunc is offline Junior Member
    I eat between 2-6 raw eggs per day. mix them in a shake with raw milk straight from the cow, coconut oil, blueberrys and stevia. no problems at all after 5 months of doing it. Best energy food out there and great for building muscles and hormones

YOU MUST have access to good eggs though. Free range and roaming so they are eating grass and grubs...not mass fed.

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    I eat raw egg yolks now and then. Had 2 this morning in fact.

PMAC is offline Member
    NO WAY ! I had salmonella poisoning from bad eggs and I have never been that sick. The feeling is the worst flu x 100. In bed for over a week, had to get IV's for fluid since I was dangerously dehydrated. It is just not worth the risk. It took me two months to get over it. If you want the opportunity to derail your fitness and health I couldn't think of a better way.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I've tried slugging down a raw egg a few times, but I just can't get into that either. Especially considering that I end up burping or something and I have to taste it all over again.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMAC View Post
    NO WAY ! I had salmonella poisoning from bad eggs and I have never been that sick. The feeling is the worst flu x 100. In bed for over a week, had to get IV's for fluid since I was dangerously dehydrated. It is just not worth the risk. It took me two months to get over it. If you want the opportunity to derail your fitness and health I couldn't think of a better way.
    What types of eggs were they? Conventional or pastured ones fed on grass and grubs? It does make a big difference which is why I am asking. I enjoy raw yolks, but not whites yet.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

PMAC is offline Member
    Pastured although rare it can still be present in pastured eggs. Again, for me it's just a risk not worth taking for health reasons. Also, if you are going to eat them raw, only eat the yolks. There are "anti-nutrients" in the whites that are neutralized by cooking (maybe natures way of protecting the egg - sort of like grains).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast