Thread: mulberries! page

fletchingarrows is offline Junior Member

mulberries!

I just discovered a white mulberry tree in my back yard/driveway area. Free mulberries! Does anyone know any good recipes for using these up? They taste a bit like melon- very mildly sweet- and have a lot of vitamins. Usually I don't do fruit but since these are free, local, organic, and in season, I am going to collect as many as I can. For now I am freezing them but would love to hear some suggestions on different mulberry dishes.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Recently I found a bunch of mulberry trees and I pick them all the time. I usually don't do fruit either, but it's free and it's wild...
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    You guys are lucky! I don't recall myself ever trying mulberries but I have seen them before. I want some!! Sorry but I have no recipes
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

fletchingarrows is offline Junior Member
    just had a few with some full fat yogurt (strained so it is the consistency of greek yogurt now). it was delicious! and dosenberry, if you live in an urban area there may be mulberry trees around. they often crop up in residential areas, according to wikipedia, so it may be worth taking a look.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchingarrows View Post
    just had a few with some full fat yogurt (strained so it is the consistency of greek yogurt now). it was delicious! and dosenberry, if you live in an urban area there may be mulberry trees around. they often crop up in residential areas, according to wikipedia, so it may be worth taking a look.
    Thanks for letting me know. I will for sure be on the outlook for them now!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Ahaetulla is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I was a kid there was a mulberry tree at the end of my street, growing out from the woods and hanging over the pavement. Used to pick up the ones that would drop (they were always the ripest) and eat them right off of the pavement. Haha.
    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana