Thread: Chocolate makes your tummy feel better page

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

Chocolate makes your tummy feel better

Primal Fuel
    So yesterday I was experiencing nausea and for some inexplicable reason this compelled me to devour half an Easter chocolate bunny and the nausea went away almost immediately. (And no, it wasn't just all in my head or the post-chocolate euphoria, my stomach did actually feel a lot better.) So now I understand why Lupin made Harry eat some chocolate after the death eaters showed up on the train to Hogwarts, but does anyone know what it could have been in the chocolate that acted as an antineauseant?

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    Is there anything Professor Lupin can't do????
    Can't wait for the next movie.........

Anyway, I usually like to reach for chocolate as well when I am not feeling all that hot. I have always just thought of it as a comfort thing. I don't really have anything else to contribute. Just wanted to comment because I can't resist either Harry Potter or chocolate
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Next time, reach for some 90 - 100% dark chocolate so we can rule out the sugar.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Next time, reach for some 90 - 100% dark chocolate so we can rule out the sugar.
    I dunno..... there's still another chocolate bunny in my cupboard and it may just call my name again the next time I get nauseus! (As an aside, what part of "I'm 25 and I don't live at home anymore so please stop buying me Easter chocolate" does my mother not understand?)