Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P90x/Insanity vs. Regular Sports for Fat Burning page

SHANbangs is offline Junior Member

P90x/Insanity vs. Regular Sports for Fat Burning

Shop Now
    Hi guys,

which would you say is a better way to lose fat? Programs like P90X and Beach Body Insanity that have one hour plyo/cardio workouts, or just playing for an hour of pick up basketball or soccer?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Best way to lose fat is through diet. Having said that... I would say neither. Both are too long imo. Stick with 2 total body strength training routines, 1 hill sprint per week. The rest of the time... just walk and do fun athletic stuff. Yoga is always good.

If you must pick one... p90x.

this is obviously with a PB diet. The P90X diet is crap.

Bowa41 is offline Junior Member
    P90X typically only ends up being 2 days of full on cardio a week, 1 day of yoga, and 3 days of strength training. I consider it to be less chronic cardio since it's only about 30-40 minutes after warmup/cool downs.

Insanity workouts on the other hard are ridiculously crazy (in a sadistically good kinda way) and I always wonder how I'm going to make it to the end.

Either way, I've been doing P90x (and now a P90X/Insanity hybrid) for almost two years now and swear by it.

thanks for the advice. I guess I should have been more specific - which is the better form of cardio? Because I will be lifting no matter what, and typically 2-3 times a week. Also, my diet will be ketogenic/PB.

Bowa41 is offline Junior Member
    I would say the Insanity workouts will definitely burn more calories, although I'm not sure if that necessarily will lead to more fat burning.

I remember reading that P90X plyoX averages around 600 cals burned and I believe for the Insanity workouts that is the low end.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Being a p90x and Insanity grad..I have to say...I think I may be one of the only people underwhelmed with the results of both I truly believe I could have gotten the same with less demanding grueling programs...especially Insanity (I wont knock p90x, its a good program, I think it might have been more my cw diet that hindered my results in this)...As for Insanity - I did not get the results I really thought I would and I PUSHED. (like gagging by the end of these workouts)...I've become a true believer in less (but intense) is more with hardcore cardio (like sprints)...Id take sprinting/tabata 1-2x a week over Insanity ANY DAY. And if your even remotely new to low-carbing/pb Insanity is going to be even rougher to get through...its grueling, its cardio from hell....I will give it this - it is really empowering to see how far you can go..and you will notice after about 2 weeks your endurance truly improves but as for real results...eh, it isn't worth the hell for me.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    If you're looking for a good cario workout... go find a good hill (75-100 yards) and sprint up it... walk down... repeat 10x. Done in 20 min and it doesn't cost you a dime.

If you're looking for a good altheltic conditioning workout... do 10 burpees at the top of said hill... again free

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    If you're looking for a good cario workout... go find a good hill (75-100 yards) and sprint up it... walk down... repeat 10x. Done in 20 min and it doesn't cost you a dime.

If you're looking for a good altheltic conditioning workout... do 10 burpees at the top of said hill... again free
    agreed..cost wise there are many better options then beachbody programs as well!
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

TheSeeker is offline Junior Member
    I agree with SheGlows.. I, too, completed Insanity (and *pushed* it) and got more endurance but not some of the other benefits like minor weight loss, etc. It became more of a personal challenge to finish rather than a vehicle to attain a specific fitness goal.

P90X was/is a lot more fun (plus you can turn Tony Horton's corny jokes off if you want!).

Peace,

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast