Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal:Momto3 page 30

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    9 weeks until the Survivor Mud Run! I've been feeling disappointed with my weight loss progress. I technically have 12 lbs to go til my goal. Through this almost 2 year journey I have not completely given up dairy, chocolate or nuts/nut flours. They have become my new convenience/comfort foods. I've been thinking about it for a couple days now and I am ready to give them up for the next 9 weeks and then choose to add them in one at a time. Weight loss is one reason, the other is my acne flare up on my neck/jawline. With PCOS, it is usually a sign of hormonal imbalance, yet my cycles are regular. The other thing I have started to supplement with is Luogol's Iodine 2%. I am doing 1 drop per day which equals 1.25mg iodine & 1.88mg potassium iodide.
    I'm not really doing IF now. I didn't like the feel of hunger, nor eating so late.....
    Training: MWF - 18 min of HIIT; T/TH - LHT bodyweight

Calories around 1600cal

B: 3 eggs, 2 slice bacon
    L:
    D:
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

B: 3 eggs, "green smoothie" with coconut milk, lots of spinach, frozen berries
    L: Leftover chicken & white rice, salami, dill pickle relish, chocolate truffle (Ok, ok, after Mark's post today I allowed dark chocolate back in....but like he said....only minimally.)
    D: chicken stir-fry with asparagus, red pepper, mushroom in coconut milk & coconut aminos
    Dessert: Coconut butter truffle (coconut butter, peppermint oil, vanilla & cocoa powder)

Banged out a great workout today!
    Round 1
    22 push-ups
    10 pistol squats (assisted) each leg
    3 pull ups
    just hung from the bar for awhile to work on grip strength
    6 jack knife press
    6 assisted dips

Round 2..... not as many as round one, but still felt great!

My Journal

Still avoiding dairy and nuts
    Rock climbing yesterday
    LHT today
    10 more lbs until my goal! 2 more dress sizes. Getting closer. Went to Athleta yesterday. Was definitely a M, even bought size S in pants!

B: 3 eggs, green smoothie with coconut milk, spinach, frozen berries, cinnamon
    L : meat, pork rinds, carrots
    D: spaghetti squash with meat sauce

My Journal

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    140.0 !!!! woooo!!

You can actually GO to Athleta??! So jealous...
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post

10 more lbs until my goal! 2 more dress sizes. Getting closer. Went to Athleta yesterday. Was definitely a M, even bought size S in pants!
    That is GREAT Momto3! Congrats. Don't you just love Athleta? I just got a new catalog and there are so many things I wanted this time. I better not go to the store or I will end up buying too much.

Here we go losing together again. What IS that?! I mean, it's really odd ... we started here at nearly the same weight, and every time one of us gets stuck or gets moving again, the other does. You're my weight loss sista from anotha motha.

That is really cool...weird, but cool. Congrats, Mamagrok!

My weight has been fluctuating.... down to 138 back up to 142.....but my measurements have been consistent.
    I am feeling a bit hopeful for my acne. Cave Girl Eats recommended Brewer's Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil blend and Sauerkraut. Plus cleansing with oil instead of soap.Google "WAP me pretty" for her blog post on this. My face is definitely enjoying the oil. Plus I'm lucky that my friend makes lotion and I got to help her make it...such lovely, nourishing ingredients.

Still avoiding dairy and nuts. Have had some along with some sugar every now and then, but nothing major.

Training has increased a bit as we get closer to the mud run.
    MWF is now supposed to be running 2 miles, plus weight training (body weight). I am tired!

B: smoothie: coconut milk, coconut kefir, CLO/BO, spinach, frozen berries, cocoa powder, plus 3 eggs. (next time will do 2 eggs.....3 was a bit much with such a rich smoothie)
    L: salad with salami & strawberries balsamic vinagrette
    D: hamburgers topped with guacamole, asparagus

My Journal

Returned from a 4 day family trip. It was lots of fun, but glad to be back to home cooked meals. I did bring along some muffins, beef jerky and Quest Bars...but still....lots of restaurant foods. My measurements remained the same thankfully. I got one day of training in. Yesterday, back at home now, I worked out for 50 minutes. 33 min of interval on the elliptical then the rest doing body weight stuff. I had a fair bit of dairy and nuts while away, so getting back to dairy and nut free again.

B: smoothie (coconut milk, coconut kefir, dash of OJ, quarter of banana, 1 TB Brewers Yeast), 3 eggs
    L: Hot dog with sauerkraut + lunch meat, dark chocolate
    Snack: CocoBliss "ice cream"
    D: hamburger, maybe some french onion soup..... I have homemade beef broth and ingredients....just takes awhile to cook.

Just read MDA's post on stubborn fat. That's what I've got on my belly. It is slowly, slowly going away.....but man...it is stubborn.

My Journal

Crazy thing I'm trying now ... ice packs on stubborn fat. It is totally working. My belly fat has SHRUNK since I started icing it every other day for 30m or so. Shrunk! Thighs are next!

I'm going to try the ice pack thing....I've remembered once so far.... How long have you been doing it?

I had some more success milestones today. I went through my closet once again and I am now a size 8/10! I am the same size in jeans as when I weighed 130. (I am 138-140 right now) So happy! I only have a few pants in my goal pile now. Wow!

My appetite has gotten smaller I've noticed. We did a practice mud run this past weekend. We were out for 1.5 hours having fun in the rain, water and mud. I was pleased with how I did. Our trainer says we are ready!

My Journal

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast