Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal:Momto3 page 3

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just checking in. Things are going well. It's almost been 4 weeks since my husband and I went primal. It's going great! I am experiencing more energy and a bit of weightloss. I am enjoying being outside and active again. We are slowly weaning the kids off grains and sugar. I hadn't realized howuch of my kids diet was based on grains yikes. So we are trying to build new routines. It has been great for both my husband and I to do this together. I am curious to see how eating primal effects our budget. We are headed out this weekend to do some camping. It should be an adventure with an 8,4, and 2 month old. We should be able to get some good long hikes in. I am planning on having smores. I bought dark chocolate and found some grahm crackers without HFCS.

Happy Canada Day today and Happy Independance Day this weekend! (Our family is made up of both nationalities)

Our family had a great camping trip! We had a couple hikes. The first one wasn't too long, but the second one was 2 hours and quite the incline. I also wore my VFF for the second walk...plus some creek walking with my sons. They were great! No blisters. It was a lot of fun. I did stub my toe pretty bad, but it's fine now.

I've lost a full inch off my waist and my hips now! Yippee!

I really appreciated Mark's post on breastfeeding. I have been so hungry! I will need to do some planning to have some good protein and fats on hand. I tend to go for nuts....but should vary it up some too.

I haven't planned out the meals this week...still unpacking from camping.

Yesterday:
    B: 2 hard boiled eggs, almond muffin, milk
    L: chicken, salami dressed in butter, cherries, some other fruit, can't remember now
    D: roasted pork tenderloin, cauliflower "potatoes", sweet potatoes cooked in coconut oil and butter
    S: nuts, salami with goat cheese, and some chocolate covered acai. (yes, I bought some more) need more self control with those things.... And an evening snack of almond muffins with butter, glass of milk

only movement yesterday was being a mom of three boys and housework.

Today:
    B: scrambled eggs, protein shake with coconut milk
    L: planned- chicken, salami & cheese, carrots
    D: planned- pork tenderloin spinach salad, strawberries, goatcheese.
    S: planned - apple with almond butter , no chocolate acai berries today!

Movement: play ball at park, lower body weight exercises

We are 4.5 weeks into going primal. We are both enjoying this way of life. I am struggling a bit today though.

The struggle is emotional I think. I need to focus on the overall health benefits of eating this way and not just the weightloss. Since I am breastfeeding I am not being as aggressive or as restrictive in calories. My baby is happy for this and my milk supply is keeping up.

The last couple days I have been light headed....kind of like I am on a boat. This began to happen when I was nursing my second son. I had to stop nnursing because I was losing my balance.....it was a sad and scary time. I do not want this to happen again. My baby is 10 weeks old now.....too soon to wean in my opinion.

I was reading an archive post about reasons I'm not losng weight.... lack of sleep and stress levels I think play a major role...I am eating primal and most are whole foods. Processed foods include beef jerky, dark chocolate, deli lunch meat, homemade almond meal muffins.

I hadn't really thought of stress levels contributing to lack of weight loss.... but I am struggling emotionally with finances, being a good mom and wife, keeping up with the housework...expectations of who I think I should be..... I am in need of a good girlfriend. Thankfully my husband is my best friend. Our relationship is wonderful. But i am feeling a bit lost lately....maybe a bit of the post partum blues? Aunt Flo showed up yesterday and I am craving carbs. It's probably a number of factors all adding up.

I am also not getting enough of the easy cardio. Maybe I need to incorporate a long walk with the boys daily..... It just doesn't feel like I'm working hard enough walking with three young boys...constantly stopping to look at this rock or leaf. ... but I guess it would be better than sitting here at the computer...... immediately I feel discouraged becasue it's yet another thing I am not doing. sigh.... I should stop thinking about this for now.

It sure would be nice to hear from some of you.

Emmelle is offline Member
    I replied to your other post, then came here to see what you're up to. Just want to add to make sure you're getting enough calories, your meals sound delicious. Hope you feel better and more positive soon!

Thank you Emelle.

Feeling better emotionally today. Thanks everyone...and thanks for my wonderful hubby for listening.

B: almond pancakes
    L: frittata with broccoli, mushroom, red pepper, topped with goat cheese - yum!
    D: tacos - primal style ground beef, salsa, cheese wrapped in lettuce
    S: almonds, chocolate acai

Squats: 20 reps, 19 reps, 18 reps...etc - My strength is in my legs for sure!
    Reverse pullup - 5
    "girl" push ups - total 8

I will be thankful for the stregnth in my legs...the rest will return.

Looking forward to a good hike with baby in stroller tomorrow.

It was a pretty good weekend. Two dinners were shared with family. I had some rice and then some gluten free chocolate cake.

Feeling bloated today. Blah.

B: almond pancakes, beef jerky
    L: hard boiled egg, salami, carrots with yogurt ranch dip, almonds, apple
    D: eating at my mom's: turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, salad. Hope to fill my plate with mostly turkey.

I want to try to get some body weight exercises in while hanging out at mom's. Or depending on time, maybe walk with stroller. They live on top of a huge hill. That would be a good work out

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Aw, I was out of town on vacation so I missed that you were looking for some support. But hey, I can still say that life has its ups and downs and having a newborn is certainly full of both. I was feeling a little down/bored/antsy a week ago and realized that I really needed to do something fun. Have you been able to go out on a date? Or out with a friend? When I was feeling like that, I had some pretty weak moments and it seemed like eating ice cream would make me feel better. I don't know exactly what was going on with you, but we all need a break from our daily lives sometimes. Take care! And i hope things are looking up today.

Thanks, Slesca. I appreciate your kindness. We just had a weekend without the two older boys. It was very refreshing. I am so thankful for family that helps out so much.

Just finished 20 minutes of body weight exercises. Dinner at my mom's was salad with homemade dressing, turkey, raw carrots andmaybe two tablespoons of mashed potatoes...with lots of butter added.

Feeling extremely exhausted this evening....baby was feeding more than normal and fussy. Had a banana with almond butter and some beef jerky to refuel a bit, then did the work out. Proud of myself for doing it.

my tummy is still bloated. I remember it doing the same thing when I started a program called Body Rx years ago. When I started weight training and eating more protein my waist went up for a little while, then the inches started coming off. Praying it will do the same thing..... I do have high hopes it will do even better since I've cut out grains.

The boys aren't protesting too much with the new cuisine. My 4 year old has discovered he likes scrambled eggs. Cool!

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Yeah, I don't know what people do when they have kids but no family near by. It would be so tough to get adult time if we didn't have these eager grandparents!

Way to get your workout in after an evening with a fussy baby. That's tough and definitely something you should be proud of.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast