Almond muffin
    D:steak, spinach salad,broccoli
    almond muffin
    almonds, chocolate covered acai

HIIT swimming 15 min.
    Gardening

Feeling great!

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've been walking around the house in my VFF to break them in....around the house has been fine, but I went for a 1.5 hour walk in them and have blisters. They fit snug enough that I probably can't get a sock on, yet not too tight to feel uncomfortable. Around the house was great... I'd actually forget I was wearing shoes... Will my feet get used to them? My feet were pretty hot and sweaty in them. ( I got the KSO ) I so want them to work!

Brotein shake, almond muffin
    L: spinach salad with salami, turkey, pine nuts, aged cheddar with olive oile vinagrette
    D: (planned) roast beef, cauliflower "mashed potatoes"
    Snacks: almonds, chocolate covered acai ( I finished this bag...won't be buying more. It's dark chocolate, but I crave them too much)

Moved slowly: pushing stroller for 1.5 hour walk

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    What a good baby to go for a 1.5 hr walk! I'm jealous I haven't gotten VFF's (yet!) but I'll be curious to hear what you think.

On the road

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 sausage patty, banana, almond muffin (glad I packed stuff from home since the hotel breakfast was carbs and more carbs)
    L: salad with packaged dressing. There was a bit of grilled chicken. And who knew you needed to add sugar and HFCs to sunflower seeds. Ugh!
    D: chicken breast, cheese, green beans
    snacks: almonds, cherries and almond muffin

walked in the park

Oh! And I've noticed today that my arthritis in my hand and wrist is nearly gone! Wa-hoo!

Sunday: Travelling home
    B: scrambled eggs, sausage, salsa, almond muffin
    L: salami, turkey breast, carrots (raw), almonds
    D: chicken smokies (1), carrots (raw)
    Dessert: almond muffin with almond butter on top, milk

Took older boys swimming in pool for an hour

Monday:
    B: Protein shake, coconut milk, almond muffin with butter
    L: IF (planned)
    D: IF (planned)

I did some searching about fasting while breastfeeding and some studies showed that if the mom kept hydrated the milk supply was not effected. I would like to give it a try

I sprinted for 10 minutes this morning in my VFF. I am trying to figure out how to shift my weight from heel striking to more to the front. It's been interesting. I can feel some soreness in my lower back....it's taking some time to get used to them. But thankfully, the shoes themselves didn't bother me with blisters for such a short time..plus my feet stayed cool in the dew-wet grass. On a fun side note...the field I was running through had a bunch of clover flowers blooming. My toes were picking the flowers. I looked down and saw flowers between my toes. I wish I had my camera.

My weight hasn't moved, But my stomach is definitely changing for the better.

Did't fast for supper. Instead had chicken shishkabob with homemade marinade, brown rice with lots of butter
    beef jerky, dark chocolate/ almond butter

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Funny! I just fasted yesterday after reading about how it was more important for bf moms to stay hydrated. It went well but I drank A TON of water. My supply was unaffected and I feel great. I had a really high cal/frequent eating Sunday and it helped me reset. I am hoping to try it weekly or so. It will be a great adaptation to have when I go back to work and have to spend a lot of time pumping. I basically skipped breakfast and lunch which is great because then I can eat more for dinner

Slesca - that is funny. I'd like to try once a week also. My milk supply seemed down yesterday. Too soon for the fasting to b the cause though. I have polycystic ovary syndrome which can reduce milk supply. I increased my fenugreek and hopefully by next week I'll be able to fast two meals. I drank at least 72oz of water yesterday.

I've just gotta say I am enjoying this "diet". It is the most flavorful and satifying. I am noy overly full and bloated, but I am satisfied. I am also encouraged to see the scale and my measurements go down. I'm on my way! I also love the vareity of the exercise part. no more chronic cardio for me. It's great to be enjoying life and not stressing over calories and feeling deprived. I thought giving up grains would be so much harder.

Thank you, Mr. Sisson for writing your book!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Momto3!
    I got Vibram blisters while breaking in mine. Mostly on my big toes. My feet seem to have adjusted and the skin on my feet seems thicker. Mine are alittle big, so I still get some rubbing, but I dont think I will get anymore blisters as feet seem to callouse fairly easily. I love picking flowers with my toes.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast