Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To GAIN Weight page

Rach9809 is offline Junior Member

Smile How To GAIN Weight

I'm new to Primal/Paleo and have adapted a semi-primal diet (we do include some grains in our diet. With a new baby and a 3 year old sometimes a sandwich is all I can manage). Anyways, I see a lot of talk about losing weight and I have lost all of my baby weight. Problem is, I'm still losing weight. I need to GAIN weight but don't know how to go about doing that. Any healthful ideas?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Eat more?

Sent via lightsaber

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    Yus. Eat MOAR. Get quality as well as quantity.

That is all.

I eat all the time. I make sure to have snacks in between meals. I should add that I'm still nursing too.

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Um... wow.

Just focus on super calorically dense stuff. Smash avocadoes and potatoes, use honey liberally and start eating ice cream and high fat dairy. Drink lots of milk too.

If that doesn't work... then wow. And eat more ice cream.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Rach,

yes breastfeeding can do that for you. It used to be the only way I knew to lose weight, haha Now I've found primal.

Anyway, as above, focus on calorie dense, all the foods that others have to go easy on in order to lose or not gain. Cheese, butter, dried fruits, nuts, fatty meats, roasted veges, smoothies. I used to eat chocolate

More meals is good, but just generally grazing all day will probably not help the situation. Your body is working hard all the time to make milk so keep feeding yourself. Have a hot chocolate before bed. You may not be able to gain much till you stop nursing but you need to halt the loss and keep your energy up. My Plunket nurse recommended Complan, it's like one of those meal replacement drinks that you mix up with milk, but you use it AS WELL as a meal, not instead. It did help, because all the nutrients were covered, but it is a very processed product, making up your own bone broth might be more primal if you had the time.

All the best
    Last edited by Annieh; 02-23-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Sweet potatoes and yogurt both help me add mass. They don't tell me I'm full, so I can keep eating them until I suddenly barf a little and know I"m actually full.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    If above methods still don't work, drink organic fruit juice. Liquid calories sometimes can be the only way I eat enough post workout.

Thank you so much. I'm slowly starting to wean so hopefully that will help halt the weight loss and in a couple of months I hope to put on a few more pounds. I appreciate the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hi Rach,

yes breastfeeding can do that for you. It used to be the only way I knew to lose weight, haha Now I've found primal.

Anyway, as above, focus on calorie dense, all the foods that others have to go easy on in order to lose or not gain. Cheese, butter, dried fruits, nuts, fatty meats, roasted veges, smoothies. I used to eat chocolate

More meals is good, but just generally grazing all day will probably not help the situation. Your body is working hard all the time to make milk so keep feeding yourself. Have a hot chocolate before bed. You may not be able to gain much till you stop nursing but you need to halt the loss and keep your energy up. My Plunket nurse recommended Complan, it's like one of those meal replacement drinks that you mix up with milk, but you use it AS WELL as a meal, not instead. It did help, because all the nutrients were covered, but it is a very processed product, making up your own bone broth might be more primal if you had the time.

All the best

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd been avoiding juice but maybe should incorporate it a few times a week again. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    If above methods still don't work, drink organic fruit juice. Liquid calories sometimes can be the only way I eat enough post workout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast