Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone recommend a weight loss cleanse? page

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member

Cool Anyone recommend a weight loss cleanse?

Shop Now
    Hi Everyone,

I am a female, 5'5'', and weigh around 167lbs
    When I became primal/paleo I weight about 162. So, I've gained a few lbs!
    I totally feel healthier then ever! However, I'd love to get my weight down.
    I did the Whole30 -- Loved it! felt great. No weight-loss.
    I did the inter-fasting and nothing happened.

Anyone recommend a good cleanse, diet, something thats around paleo?
    Not sure what else I can do.. I exercise everyday, I stand up at work ALL day.
    maybe thats it? I'm tired when i come home, so maybe I'm eating too much bc of
    my long standing up job?

Love to hear your thoughts.

I'm not sure why my body wants to just hold onto this fat for dear life!
    but dang-nabbit I'm SO over it! My stomach is still puffy in the upper abdominals -- which isn't a good sign
    maybe a candida cleanse? However, that is pretty much my diet.

p.s. the only meds I take are Probiotics! like a CHAMP!

eats.meats.west is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    I exercise everyday, I stand up at work ALL day.
    maybe thats it? I'm tired when i come home, so maybe I'm eating too much bc of
    my long standing up job?
    Stop exercising so much, figure out how many calories you are taking in vs. what your needs are.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Try whole 30. And get some sleep.

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Try whole 30. And get some sleep.
    Well, she already did :/

My question: Was it fat gain or lean gain?

M.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    you don't need a cleanse.

you do need to figure out if you're simply eating too much for your size and activity level. it's easy to go overboard on foods like chocolate and nuts. just because they are primal, doesn't mean they are good for weight loss.

stress can elevate cortisol which makes the body hang on to fat. eat dinner when you get home (if that's your habit) but then stop eating. no snacking. just drink water or tea and try getting more sleep.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Typical day's menu, please? Can't really give any thoughts until we know that.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Hey, Ya, I already did whole30
    I've been calculating my calories and I fluctuate between 1200-1800
    which is in a good range, right? I could eat less on my 1800 days…
    Usually i'm around 1500-1600.

Breakfast:
    Eggs, veg, meat

Lunch:
    whole Cobb salad or 3 lettuce tacos no dairy

Dinner:
    Chicken fajitas (1 chicken breast, 1 pepper, 1/2onion) or burger no bun with a slice of cheese (1 glass of wine 2 times a week)

snack: tablespoon of almond butter or some taro chips and tahini

Seriously, I eat pretty darn good. I exercise at work (just to clarify) at my job I have to run up and down stairs ALL day.

I just want to shed some lbs!
    just curious if anyone loved a certain cleanse or something.

You know i'm thinking about my sleep and I guess I don't get the best sleep…

I should work that out.

I'm a nervous person for most of the time. They could be triggering my cortisol and making
    me not shed weight or even hold on to it.

but I'd love to do a cleanse, I find them fun!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    You know i'm thinking about my sleep and I guess I don't get the best sleep…

I should work that out.

I'm a nervous person for most of the time. They could be triggering my cortisol and making
    me not shed weight or even hold on to it.

but I'd love to do a cleanse, I find them fun!
    I spray a bunch of magnesium chloride oil on my body and rub it in right before bed. One of the advantages of this is that magnesium taken this way is extremely relaxing and even to the point that it makes me tired. Then, I sleep like a rock.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    if you want to fast a few days, go right ahead, but if it's a 500-cal juice kinda thing, the weight comes right back. you can do a search on here for the potato hack or the steak and eggs hack. some people have done well on those.

have you tried to intermittent fast?

what steps have you taken to improve your sleep? room dark? white noise? no electronics running near the bed? etc... when i take a magnesium salts bath i sleep like a damn stone.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast