Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P90X- results people have had? page

ChefML is offline Junior Member

Talking P90X- results people have had?

Primal Fuel
    Hi, am 35, female and about 30-40 lbs over weight. Am getting my P90X delivered tomorrow and was hoping you good folks could tell me if you have used it, how it was... and especially from a woman's perspective how it worked for you.

Thanks! I'm excited to get it. I just know I'm going to be so sore I won't be able to function on Wednesday. Can't wait!!

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    First, can I ask - do you exercise regularly to begin with? or are you just starting out exercising?
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    I did p90x for 7 1/2 weeks. I was already in good shape, but do have about 15 more lbs I'd like to lose. Personally I didn't see any real changes. I did get stronger, but my weight and measurements did not change. I think it is a good program and if you have a lot to lose I think you will see good results.

evanator is offline Junior Member
    It definitely brings in awesome results. If you're committed to the workout (not the diet plan), you will really ache the first couple weeks, but after that, it's real great. About 60-70 days I got real sick of doing it, just because they were wasting time in the videos, with the same old jokes and stuff. Commit yourself to it, and you will never be happier.

Confession: I did not finish P90X, but what I DID accomplish, made me 10 times stronger, fitter, and faster. I actually (coincidentally) have decided to start it back up, and finish. Hopefully by the time I'm done the Primal Leap will come out.

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    Evanator-

Did you have a lot of weight to lose? Did you lose weight/inches or just get stronger?

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by betty74 View Post
    I did p90x for 7 1/2 weeks. I was already in good shape, but do have about 15 more lbs I'd like to lose. Personally I didn't see any real changes. I did get stronger, but my weight and measurements did not change. I think it is a good program and if you have a lot to lose I think you will see good results.
    This is exactly what happened with me...I had been exercising regularly for 3 years before I did p90x so I didn't really have much result...but I do love me some Tony Horton and it is a good program, I actually have a feeling it was the CW diet that ruined my p90x experience...I don't think I could out train the high grains I was eating at that time. Maybe I should try it again on PB and see if the results are better.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member
    I know a lot of people got great results from P90x but I believe that the program make you train too often.

It's hard if you have a busy life and it will over train you if you are new to working out.
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I've tried some of the dvds and if you've never really had a good workout program before, it's going to be great. Once you're done, use what you've learned to design your own... much shorter... program.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Too damn funny this thread popped up.

I am a 40 yr old female, surgical menopause. I just got my P90X in yesterday and flipped through the flyers.

I am excited. I have worked out previously, lifting/running/yoga. But it's been a couple of yrs. I am hoping this combined with hard core PB will help burn the fat.

ChefML, how about we keep up w/each other for motivation?

jenella
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Mel
    Mel is offline Member
    We did the program this past year all the way through, no off days, no cheating. I loved it! But I didn't lose a single pound or even an inch. I did however gain a TON of mucle (turns out, over 10lbs of muscle). I have muslces in places I never did before and I have always been very athletic (volleyball, soccer, swimteam, softball, etc). I agree with SheGlowsPale, that I think it was my diet at the time that was prohibiting me from really losing weight. I was eating CW at the time and I had to eat so much just to have enough energy to do the workouts, but then I was eating so much food (carbs), I wasn't losing weight. I started PB in February and I"ve lost almost 20lbs of fat and now...wow - I've got muscles everywhere.
    Arthurb has a great idea of modifying the program so it fits your needs. We do 2 p90x weight videos a week (and ab ripper on those days) and we walk every morning and we do yoga when the mood strikes, the rest of the videos sit in the case...unused.
    If you want to say you did it, then I recommend going through all the way, once, and then making it work for you - One way that we made it work for us is running the videos on music and cues only (evanator is right that the jokes get pretty old) and then running it on 1.5 speed.

Good luck!
    A goal without a plan is just a wish.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast