Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P90X- results people have had? page 3

carolanne88 is offline Member
    The Legs/Back workout is my favorite! I leave my husband behind on leg work. I always tell him "I'm a beast!" LOL! I use the bands instead of doing actual pullups, so I still get a good back workout without the strain and difficulty of the pullups.

catbreu is offline Senior Member
    p90x is fantastic! I was able to do 3 weeks of it and felt fantastic on it. Its nutrition plan is what made me realize just how amazing my body feels after cutting out the grains and carbs. Although work got in the way, I will always be thankful for p90x for leading me to stumble into the primal lifestyle. I look forward to starting p90x again soon after learning how to eat primal properly.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefML View Post
    Hi, am 35, female and about 30-40 lbs over weight. Am getting my P90X delivered tomorrow and was hoping you good folks could tell me if you have used it, how it was... and especially from a woman's perspective how it worked for you.

Thanks! I'm excited to get it. I just know I'm going to be so sore I won't be able to function on Wednesday. Can't wait!!

P90x is not really primal, in it's "pure" form. Very close to "chronic cardio." Even though it espouses muscle confusion to break through thresholds, eventually it's very difficult to sustain and maintain.

The workouts are still good, but if you are following the Primal Blueprint, do the workouts far less often, and for less time (go more intense for less time).

Read the Primal Blueprint Fitness primer-- it will explain everything.

I did P90x for a while but am getting much better results going primal instead. Yes, you can work towards fitness at an hour of heavy training each day (P90x), but the Primal Fitness way is just more efficient.
    Last edited by astronmr20; 08-17-2011 at 09:00 PM.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    My wife and I burned out on it, especially her. (I injured my shoulder in an accident; that didn't help.) It's a huge time commitment and it's hard to get started. If I were to try Tony Horton again, I think I would try the P90 (no x) instead. It's more for beginners, a little less intense with shorter workouts.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by astronmr20 View Post
    P90x is not really primal, in it's "pure" form. Very close to "chronic cardio." Even though it espouses muscle confusion to break through thresholds, eventually it's very difficult to sustain and maintain.

The workouts are still good, but if you are following the Primal Blueprint, do the workouts far less often, and for less time (go more intense for less time).

Read the Primal Blueprint Fitness primer-- it will explain everything.

I did P90x for a while but am getting much better results going primal instead. Yes, you can work towards fitness at an hour of heavy training each day (P90x), but the Primal Fitness way is just more efficient.
    I didn't even know there was a P90. I looked up the difference on Google:
    The difference between Power 90 and Power 90X is pretty significant. Although the Power 90X series (P90X) is developed with the original Power 90 at its core, it is a seriously more intense workout regimen created for people who have finished the Power 90 series and want more, or for those people looking to ramp up their fat burning and muscle building results, to a new extreme level!
    P90 might be more in line with Primal Fitness??

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I do an upper body workout and a lower body workout from p90x once/week each, but I don't try to do it every day. It's my favorite strength training routine I've ever found/done. I know soreness isn't necessarily the best indicator of a good workout, but I am very very sore after p90x, and I love it. I don't feel that PB Fitness pushes me as hard.

Tony is definitely a great motivator. He can be very encouraging without yelling.

I, too, like spakensneaker, will use it as my HIIT or LHT workout occasionally.

Power 90 is also good-- but if you follow their schedule of working out like that an hour each day (same on power90), you are technically in "chronic cardio."

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by astronmr20 View Post
    Power 90 is also good-- but if you follow their schedule of working out like that an hour each day (same on power90), you are technically in "chronic cardio."
    Really? The website said the classes were more like a half hour.

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mel
    I love the legs/back work out too! The other day we went through it and cut out all the back stuff so we could focus on legs. HOLY CRAP that was killer - but I was airborne on all the 80-20s at the end....damn that made me feel like superwoman!
    Ahh...LOVE the airborne 80/20s! and the wall squats are a killer too...yea, I usually skip some of the pull-ups too..its just too much for me...Im such a weakling in my upper body..but i am getting alittle better :P
    You go airborn you're my heroes

I am an obese 27 yo f who started p90x a month after having my third child. I took pics on day 1 and day 30 and didn't really SEE results in the pics, but i FEEL the results every day. The fat on my tummy is "sucked in" feeling, I'm developing muscles in my arms, I can do push ups now, couldn't before, my XXL tops are baggy, and know I can fit into "normal" (not plus size) panties!! I believe this is from the p90x because my diet floundered 3 weeks. Bounced around on the scale, the same couple of lbs, but this last week my diet has been VLC and pristine, I've lost 3 lbs.
    My advice is when you don't want to do it, don't think about not wanting to do it, just do it. Focus on the exercise you are doing at the moment and the time will fly (except for that damned yoga dvd I HATE p90x YOGA!!!!)
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    Really? The website said the classes were more like a half hour.
    My bad- you are right.

I never owned power90...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast