Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P90X- results people have had? page 2

ChefML is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, everyone- thanks for all of the replies. I do appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and what the things they thought were holding back, etc.

Jenella- yes, let's keep up with one another. I am a former athlete, and currently workout- some cardio, some yoga, but mostly just heavy lifting... but I've just recently gotten back to that after falling off the wagon. I've got plenty of chub to peel off even though I am strong as an ox.

I thought P90X might be a good way to a.) get me to work out more regularly, b.) get me to push myself (without a trainer) and c.) teach me a few new things.

Thanks again everyone for sharing! I'll see if I can figure out how to post pics to my profile or something so I can document the "before" and then the "after" in September when I'm done killing myself with P90X.

Thanks!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I've done P90X and part of a rotation of P90X+. I was happy with the results that I got other than the fact that it took a huge investment of my time to do it properly. I think that in order to reap most of the benefits, you'll need to already be in decent shape. Most of the real people that I know who have started doing P90X have burned out before completing an entire rotation.

evanator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by betty74 View Post
    Evanator-

Did you have a lot of weight to lose? Did you lose weight/inches or just get stronger?
    Most of the weight I lost was from eating right. I lost a lot of fat in my arms and other areas I thought were muscular, but now though I may look skinnier, I'm stronger than I've ever been. So I did get stronger, though it doesn't really show. I hope to do more workouts that promote bigger muscles, so I don't look like such a wimp!

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info, everyone.

I've read other posts where folks state they burned out or that it wasn't conducive to PB. So, I'm going into this realizing I won't be able to it exactly as planned. Just how much I'll have to modify it...we'll see.

I do know that I do well with weight lifting and some cardio. And with PB, there'll be slow walking more and a different diet approach. I got really strong, lost a lot of fat a couple years ago by following CW. Not comparing CW to PB but I know my body has the ability to do it. I think I lost something like 40 inches all over last time. Imagine what I'll do this time by following PB!!

Ok, Chef...I'll prob start my P90x this coming Monday as I'm headed to NO for a weekend of debauchery. Start date Monday?

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I just finished a round of p90x and got amazing results. I am a primal newbie, so at the time I did actually follow their low fat/high protein plan. It was actually that plan that made me realize that I felt SO much better without a lot of grains, but I have never felt that low fat is sustainable long term, which is what led me to primal.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    i havent finished it yet, but ive noticed alot of strength gain. like yesterday, for instance, i could actually pull myself up on my stand-up jetski when this time last year - not a chance in hell i could ever get up off my stomach and on to my knees. i was really happy! i was so bummed out that i couldnt ride it and i might have to sell it to the neighbour and get a sit-down style.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    I've tried some of the dvds and if you've never really had a good workout program before, it's going to be great. Once you're done, use what you've learned to design your own... much shorter... program.
    I definitely 2nd this too...I still do some of the p90x workouts just not as a program...I happen to really like the legs and back workout so I incorporate it into my workouts maybe 1x every two weeks or so. Also the triceps/biceps/shoulder workout I do sometimes as well (cant remember the official name)
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Mel
    Mel is offline Member
    I love the legs/back work out too! The other day we went through it and cut out all the back stuff so we could focus on legs. HOLY CRAP that was killer - but I was airborne on all the 80-20s at the end....damn that made me feel like superwoman!
    A goal without a plan is just a wish.

JStrick is offline Senior Member
    Funny timing +1

I'm on week 3, and i've been doing a more lenient p90x program.. Basically if i get too tired or worn out, i just quit for the day so to avoid over training. I also don't do the yoga because i have never been properly trained in yoga and i've heard its best to not do power yoga without any previous yoga experience before. I really enjoy the plyo and kenpo, and chest and back workouts.. have yet to finish a full legs/back dvd :P

Still to early to see the results, but im sore 3 days out of the week, which is a good balance between soreness and recovery time.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I love the legs/back work out too! The other day we went through it and cut out all the back stuff so we could focus on legs. HOLY CRAP that was killer - but I was airborne on all the 80-20s at the end....damn that made me feel like superwoman!
    Ahh...LOVE the airborne 80/20s! and the wall squats are a killer too...yea, I usually skip some of the pull-ups too..its just too much for me...Im such a weakling in my upper body..but i am getting alittle better :P
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast