Thread: New to this and need some help with what one can snack on during movies page

Mars is offline Member

New to this and need some help with what one can snack on during movies

Hello all!

I am new to this way of life and only did the Atkins diet 10 years ago or so and liked it, but for some reason quit it... Worries over to much protein in our diets would cause kidney failure? Who knows...

I like to munch on air popped pop corn while watch Tv/Movies and season with olive oil and black pepper, ect... but after looking at some of the info on this life style the carbs will add up to quickly eating popcorn.

So what can I eat as snack? I will not be happy eating something small for 5mins I like to much for 30 mins or so while watching the movie. So not sure if a HUGE bowl of veggies would fit the ticket and a nut bar e.g. the ones Mark has posted on this website...

Also what kind of sugar free Greek Style yogurt is good to look at? I want plain I will add my own spices to it!

Thanks!
    And I hope to keep on the straight and narrow this time!

Oh how is everyones cholesterol due to eating so much fatty foods?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Learn it, know it, live it!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

I eat meat and eggs (and yogurt and sweet potatoes, berries, etc.) all day and my cholesterol numbers are great.

I'd snack on beef jerky, or just sip non-caloric things like tea and coffee. Or just eat a huge meal before movie so you aren't hungry. You don't really need to snack, obviously, but I understand your desire to. You can also do grapes or other small berries, eat them thoughtfully one by one.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Greek style yogurt shouldn't have sugar or artificial sweeteners in it.
    Look at ingredients and see if it's just milk and live cultures. Some can be thickened with gelatin, but there shouldn't be more then those ingredients.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Mars is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    Greek style yogurt shouldn't have sugar or artificial sweeteners in it.
    Look at ingredients and see if it's just milk and live cultures. Some can be thickened with gelatin, but there shouldn't be more then those ingredients.

Okay that is what I thought, but I see it says 9 grams of sugar... is this the lactose from Milk? If so I assume I need to keep that total and subtract from my 100 grams a day routine?

Also, how many here are eating cheese for fat?

I LOVE to eat all types of nuts(almonds, walnuts, pecans, ect...) last would be a lowly peanut not much for them as the whole range of other nuts is just awesome, but I am concerned that I will eat WAY to many calories a day from this. I could easily eat a whole cereal bow at a time... I also ENJOY making home made almond butter and use vanilla in with the blend and just to die for. So any suggestions on this?

If anyone else is making their own almond butter or walnut butter ect... what food processor are you using? I am using a 16c Kitchen Aid and it shut down after 10-15mins of running... and I needed to run it fro 30 mins to get the results I wanted. Anyone try making it in a Breville Sous Chef Food Processor or Vitamix blender?

Thanks!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    As long as the ingredients don't say sugar it would be natural occurring from the milk

fixer is offline Junior Member
    Get a dehydrator and make kale chips and other dried veggies & meats. Gives you some crunch and you can add salt & fats to give you more flavour.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, I think you're over thinking.

I'm not going to tell you not to try other things, but as snacks go, I lean towards popcorn also. Strictly non-GMO popping corn, popped in coconut oil. Salt, pepper, maybe even some nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor. There are much worse things you could be eating.

Sorry Paleo-Police.

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    I agree! Just buy non GMO or organic popcorn and pop in CO. Add grass fed butter and sea salt to taste.

It's one of my FAV treats but I gave it up for Whole 30 in Jan and reintroduced a packaged popcorn (non GMO but
    sunflower oil ) and didn't do well w that.

If you want, experiment w kale chips, plantain chips, sliced raw sweet potatoes, etc, maybe have a little of that and a little popcorn if you're trying for less popcorn.

If you love popcorn and it agrees w you, go for it! I'm going to try it again as soon as I get my hands on organic kernels

K

Mars is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I air pop mine and put pepper, salt sometimes or other spices on the popcorn and love it... I am leaning towards not dropping it from my snacks as it's about all I eat for cheat food besides some dark chocolate sometimes( LOVE IT) but just adds to many calories.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ