Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Fit-shaming. Ladies: Being healthy and beautiful is good. page 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love laziness and obesity because that makes lean and fit people the true upper class only by being healthy and in shape! Yep, “fit-shaming” is just what to expect from the envious underclass of fat and unfit - maybe they will revolt against the class of fit people and force-feed them crappy processed junk someday! That would be a revolution to write home about…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I love laziness and obesity because that makes lean and fit people the true upper class only by being healthy and in shape! Yep, “fit-shaming” is just what to expect from the envious underclass of fat and unfit - maybe they will revolt against the class of fit people and force-feed them crappy processed junk someday! That would be a revolution to write home about…
    Yeah but a revolt takes soooo much effort. Effort better spent on not revolting and eating some pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Yeah but a revolt takes soooo much effort. Effort better spent on not revolting and eating some pizza.
    Yes, but if you truly hate somebody it is a lot of energy to get form the hating! I predict that within 100 years or so the cake eaters will revolt against the carrot eaters somewhere, and that’s only the beginning of a new global fat society, so watch out…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yes, but if you truly hate somebody it is a lot of energy to get form the hating! I predict that within 100 years or so the cake eaters will revolt against the carrot eaters somewhere, and that’s only the beginning of a new global fat society, so watch out…
    Yeah but then as they revolt, they will become thin due to all that expended energy. After all, how much revolting can you do when you weigh 350lb? So they who revolt will become those they revolt against. Ooooh... Deep.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    It's our bullshit PC culture. Soon, no criticism of anything or anyone will be okay. Everything is about acceptance of everything and everyone. Sorry, but not everything is acceptable and not everyone should be tolerated. This mentality is what will lead us to the Wall-E world.
    The problem is: who decides what is/isn't acceptable? I don't know what the solution is.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yeah but then as they revolt, they will become thin due to all that expended energy. After all, how much revolting can you do when you weigh 350lb? So they who revolt will become those they revolt against. Ooooh... Deep.
    That's the masterplan quikky, everything will be turned upside down!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    The problem is: who decides what is/isn't acceptable? I don't know what the solution is.
    Should we accept that our society is increasingly becoming fatter, sicker, weaker, and more ignorant? Is this good for our future? How about we actually pride ourselves on health, strength, and knowledge? What's wrong with being proud of good things? Our ideal should be something to strive for, not something to fall into.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    There's a difference between "I have, you don't." (And it is rude.) and "hey, I"m proud of my abs!" That is not saying anything about someone else.

Also, the problem with the comparison game is about valuing things.

I have excuses as to why I'm not 15% body fat. The very first "excuse": I don't want to be. Why? Because it will take too much time and effort, as well as mental energy/focus. I'd rather focus that mental energy, time, and effort into earning more income. That's my goal now -- financial health.

So, some of these things are not excuses.

People might say "I live in a BIG house, you don't!" And I'm like "no, because I don't want to live in a big house." It's not a judgment on my value or moral character or what not.

But when a peson says "I just got my dream house!" Im like "awesome!" because then, guess what? it's not a comparison game about what they have and I don't. It's true. I don't have a big house -- by choice. It's not my dream to have a big house. But it is someone else's and that's awesome. Go them.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Should we accept that our society is increasingly becoming fatter, sicker, weaker, and more ignorant? Is this good for our future? How about we actually pride ourselves on health, strength, and knowledge? What's wrong with being proud of good things? Our ideal should be something to strive for, not something to fall into.
    There's nothing wrong with being proud of those things. But I don't think that those truths for you are necessarily truths for everyone. I don't want to impose my ideals on other people. So who gets to decide what's right/wrong for society?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Again, I think that we can talk about social issues such as the overweight/obesity epidemic without shaming individuals.

In terms of what is right -- there are issues when we are talking about public health, which is balanced with individual choice. Vaccination (not to debate it!) is an example. It's great for public health, but individual freedom is a part of the equation in terms of how it is socially promoted or enforced.
    Last edited by zoebird; 02-18-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast