Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the BEST cookware for eggs? page

alexg is offline Junior Member

What's the BEST cookware for eggs?

Primal Fuel
    I have read about the dangers of Teflon and it makes sense. I don't want any Teflon chemicals releasing it into the air I breathe and especially into my food.

I would love to have an electric skillet to cook my coconut pancakes and eggs on it. But I have read about stainless steel electric skillet (my first choice) but eggs tend to stick on it very good.

I just want something that is quick to cook my eggs, not harmful to my health and the eggs won't stick on the cookware. I'm not sure what to do. Help please.

pilot is offline Senior Member
    I've been using a ceramic coated frying pan. I like it a lot, very slick, very easy to flip my omelet.

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Stainless steel frying pan, very light coating of bacon fat, coconut oil or butter. Cook at the right temp and nothing sticks, just needs a bit of practice if you are not experienced cooking. As for an electric SS skillet, it sounds like it would work if it gets hot enough and you grease it.

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    Ceramic here too, LOVE it!!!
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Well seasoned cast iron.

I cook absolutely everything in cast iron. Best cookware ever, and it'll last damn near forever.

janeen is offline Senior Member
    I use well- seasoned cast iron.
    Janeen

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I like the idea of cast iron, but man do I love my ceramic cookware.

Sent via lightsaber

Elessar is offline Senior Member
    I'm cooking in non-stick stuff that I guess is teflon but I'm not sure. My wife bought it because the outside of the pans are orange. Blah! They work well, but I'm thinking of stainless steel for things like tomatoes because I've read that the acid in the tomatoes and other foods creates something bad when combined in aluminum. I want to begin canning so I've thought about changing when the time comes. I already have a large stock pot that I can use for sterilizing jars but I'd want something else for actually cooking high acid foods and sauces. That's why I was thinking about stainless. I already have three stainless pots that will serve well and I have two cast iron pans; one is a fry pan and the other is like a dutch oven because it is three or four inches deep but has a rounded lid.

All that being said, I love the orange Rachel Ray non-stick fry pan for flippin' an omelet. However, I may have to look into the ceramic pan as a replacement to get away from the teflon.
    "The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow, if I can." J.R.R. Tolkien

cast iron all the way. if it was good enough for your great grandma, it's good enough for you

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is totally lazy, but I fully admit to doing this on mornings where I am extremely tired and/or running behind:

Amazon.com: Nordic Ware Microwave 2 Cavity Egg Poacher: Kitchen & Dining

90 seconds later, you've got two poached eggs. And they don't stick to the plastic.

No, I don't know of any dangers of eating these microwave eggs, but Nordicware has been producing microwave-safe dishware for several decades so I trust them. I have never tried their omelet maker but who knows?

I also know someone that cracks eggs on a ceramic plate and cooks them until they're done, like 45-60 seconds. They come out sunny-side up. There must be an art to it that I don't know about.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast