Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with family and friends? page

Seashel087 is offline Member

How do you deal with family and friends?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well the question says it all lol. It's quite obvious to me that I feel a whole lot better when I eat paleo. However my family is worried about my grain free diet and thinks it's extreme and unbalanced because well you need grains! It's annoying because I want to eat in peace without having to defend my choice. I don't care what they eat and I don't try to lecture them so I wish they would offer me the same courtesy.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    With friends and family there are two kinds: the busybodies for whom it's none of their business what you do, and then the opposite, when you are the busybody butting into their business wanting to change their diets which is none of your business. The only solution is for everybody to mind their own business. But if you're on the receiving end of busybodies, your only solution is to mind your own business when it comes to their butting in. That's supremely difficult because it's so annoying and intrusive and involves trying to set boundaries without offending people, which is often quite impossible. Good luck to you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, I don't "deal" with anyone. I go through life like a freaking tiger. And tigers don't give a crap what a goat thinks about them.

Sent via lightsaber

I bet you show those whipper-snappers at Chipotle who's boss by refusing both rice AND beans! Just like the beast you are!

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Just give them Mark's book… tell them to read it or stop nagging.

oh yeah, and when ever you tell somebody about Primal/Paleo start with the veggies and fruits that you are eating never ever start with the eggs…
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I dunno, I don't "deal" with anyone. I go through life like a freaking tiger. And tigers don't give a crap what a goat thinks about them.

Sent via lightsaber
    This.

I just challenge family members to a friendly round of their own chosen physical activity if they start lecturing. Nothing worse than getting beat at your own game by someone you think is unhealthy. Then I beat them at Trivial Pursuit to round out the ass-whipping.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Throat punches and/or karate chops to the babymaker.

But perhaps I don't understand the question.
    The Champagne of Beards

Seashel087 is offline Member

Sent via lightsaber
    Well I don't really care what they say I'm going to continue to eat what I want, it's just annoying when suddenly everyone around you suddenly turns into a nutrition expert and starts lecturing to you how you're eating so unhealthy and are putting your health in jeopardy. And it's not even worth trying to justify yourself! Even if you present the most convincing arguments in the world they won't hear it out because they firmly believe what they believe so you might as well be talking to a wall which is pointless. It's just like hey this is my choice, leave me alone!

pilot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seashel087 View Post
    It's just like hey this is my choice, leave me alone!
    Have you told them that?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

Sent via lightsaber
    that poor little goat. I have a grand'kid', and hes the cutest little wild goat you could ever meet, praps I better not introduce him to you Mr A !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast