Thread: Energy Shots page

BoNasty is offline Junior Member

Energy Shots

Primal Fuel
    Hi all, I've read several postings about the negative sides of energy drinks, but what about those little shots with no carbs, sugar, caffeine?
    "Sorry common knowledge, I know I keep pissing you off." -Mark Sisson

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I don't use them because I believe that when you are healthy, you have all the energy you need, and I like to keep things as simple as possible. You may keep them around for "emergencies" but then a funny thing happens. You start to have more frequent energy emergencies. Well anyway, other people can tell you about the specific effects those things have on your body, if any.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    I agree with primal child...if you're needing to rely on chemicals to get through the day on a regular basis you might need to think about why you are lacking energy in the first place. The energy shots are definitely better than the red bull and rock star that is loaded with sugar, but that doesn't mean you should be gulping down shots all day long.

I feel more comfortable drinking coffee since it also has zero calories and is natural. Although, to be honest, I think I need to cut back on the caffeine.

BoNasty is offline Junior Member
    good call guys and i would love for that to be the case, but my job (Navy) requires me to be up and alert for ridicules hours, I know if not for Monsters my squad would be in a lot of trouble, I have been trying to use almonds and other nuts as a replacement but some times there just not cutting it / don't have the time to eat (I know that sounds ridiculous, but thats the case)
    "Sorry common knowledge, I know I keep pissing you off." -Mark Sisson

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Rubbish.

If you're up for over 48 hours... then you got to do what you got to do... but otherwise... rubbish.