Thread: Paleo Doctor / Endocrinologist in NYC page

BklynGirl is offline Member

Paleo Doctor / Endocrinologist in NYC

Primal Fuel
    Hi there,

Has anyone had any good experiences with a primal or paleo oriented doctor in or around New York City? I'm dealing with some hormonal / female issues and really want to see someone who will do more than prescribe pills and send me on my way. Where it gets complicated is that I have cystic fibrosis, a fairly complex genetic condition, so I need someone who has an understanding of genetic diseases (and probably someone comfortable with conventional medicine as well). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I would say that you need an endocrinologist that is nutritionally oriented......but you need a medical doctor to deal with the CF factor, in my view.

I would read some of the reviews of the docs around you, go onto their sites, and see if any of them are nutritionally focused. You need someone that prioritizes nutritional aspects first, yet has the ability to alter medication regimens.
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826