So out of curiosity I want to see how my body responds to a grain free diet for the next 30 days, because a lot of people seem to have great success. Will I feel better, worse, or notice no noticeable difference? Trying it is the only way to find out! Why 30 days? Well that seems like a reasonable time frame--not too short and not too long to see what kind of effects the grain free diet will have. And if I enjoy eating this way and like the results I can always continue beyond the 30 days. But I don't think being strict for 30 days is asking too much, surely I can do at least that. I'm just giving up grains though I will still consume dairy primarily in the forms of yogurt and cheese (I don't drink milk). I'm already giving up most processed and junk foods anyways by giving up grains and well I really enjoy a bowl of Greek yogurt and berries for breakfast, or cheesy omelets, or some feta on my salads. Other than not consuming oats, wheat, rice, barley, rye, corn and other grain derivatives, I'm also going to step away from the scale because I've become way too obsessed with being a particular number (the mirror and clothes are better indicators) and tone down the cardio. I don't want to give up cardio entirely because it does make me feel better and I do enjoy it, but there is no reason to do more than 30 minutes 3 days a week. I actually find that my appetite gets out of control and I get softer when I increase the mileage and that's not what I want. So my fitness plan is to workout 6 days a week--full body workouts on Mon, Wed and fri and cardio on days I don't lift. Then one day off a week to recover. So today is day 1 and here I go! This journal will be a rambling of my diet and thoughts...