Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Bare foot" dress shoes - are Vivo's worth the $$$? page

nohup is offline Junior Member

"Bare foot" dress shoes - are Vivo's worth the $$$?

Primal Fuel
    I'm considering a pair of Vivo Barefoot shoes to wear to the office, a business casual environment.

Are they worth the $150 (+tx shipping) though?

http://www.terraplana.com/oak-p-1553.html?colour=59

Besides Vivo Barefoot, I'd love to hear any reviews of other business casual "bare foot" shoes.

Russ is offline Senior Member
    x2 i'd be interested as well . .

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I saw a pair at the store where I got my VFF's, didn't try them on though since they looked kind of cheaply made.

A friend wears Nike Free's. I think you can custom order them in all black, I've looked for them in a store to try them out, and see what I thought for the same purpose, wearing at work, but haven't found any at a store yet.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I bought a pair of Nike Free 5.0s last week and so far I am very much enjoying them. I have been wearing vibrams for about a year but one of my knees has really started to bother me during runs. I switched to the free 5.0s which have a bit more padding and support and my knee problem has cleared right up.

They definitely don't feel heavy and clunky like a regular tennis shoe, which was my whole reason for buying VFFs. I recommend them.

PrimalPeg is offline Member
    I bought a pair of the ladies Vivo Barefoot dress shoes for the office. They are adequate, but really nothing special. They are definitely more comfortable than any other dress shoes I've ever had, but still not nearly as comfortable as vibrams (which I can't wear to work). The shoes don't really look great. The toe box is really wide (needed for the comfort I guess), but it almost makes them look like clown shoes. There really is only one woman's dress shoe though, the men have a lot more to choose from, so maybe you kind find something that looks better. I was considering buying the boots originally too, but now that I've found out what the shoes look like, I'm having second thoughts.

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member
    I got a few pairs of Vivo Barefoots. I can't recall the models, but they look and feel great. Just rip out the insole for added comfort and freedom. If I recall correctly, they run a bit small so buy half a size up.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I would never spend even half that on a pair of shoes that are supposed to be minimal, meaning less of everything went into actually making the shoes. What are you paying for? certainly not the material, certainly not the craftsmanship, what then?

I took the insole out of my dress shoes, not to be closer to barefoot necessarily but to have more space in general. I used to have to take my shoes off at the office a lot now they're roomier and i don't have do. I think i paid $100 for the shoes a few years back and they're still holding up great, quality material.

I'm not a girl, but I'm quite confident you could walk into any Payless shoes and come out with a pair of black faux leather flats you can wear to work.

BMWRider is offline Junior Member
    I am a teacher and have to wear "dress" shoes. I have tried a lot of different shoes looking for something that is easy on my feet. I bought the Vivo Barefoot shoes as well as the Vivo chukas. I did not pay $150 for mine. I think they were just a little over $100. After 3 months I have to say they are exactly what they claim to be. You get enough to protect your feet, they are dressy enough, and your feet will thank you. I have had no issues with construction and they shine up well. I will say I put a lot of miles on shoes, and what works is important to me. Prior to the Vivos I wore a pair of all black Sanuks that were dressy enough to get away with, but they did not last long. Just my impressions, hope it helps.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I ordered a pair this weekend, I'll let you know what i think.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    I love and highly recommend Vivo's. I have three pairs and wear them all the time. When I'm at home, I wear nothing but the Vivo's or my VFF's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast