Thread: A couple of problems Headaches and blocked nose page

creasyo is offline Junior Member

A couple of problems Headaches and blocked nose

Shop Now
    Hi All,

I have been on my primal quest for about 4 weeks with the nutrition and about 2 weeks with the fitness. I have lost body fat and put on some muscle already so i am very happy with my progress and the speed that it is happening and i am more then happy continuing the primal path.

I have been reading the book and some of the success stories and keep reading about total transformations and old health problems just disappearing without much effort.

A couple of problems i have been suffering with is a blocked stuffy nose which with some reading maybe caused by inflammation some where (sorry forget the technical term).

The other thing i get is i feel spaced out from time to time and that then turns into a headache.

These things have both been happening way before i went primal and i only mention it as i have had a headache coming on for the past 2 days and its the first time it happened since i started eating primal.

I do understand that eating differential for 4 weeks may not change a life time of damage so i am hoping i am not asking why these have not gone away too prematurely but i just wanted to see if anyone else was having similar troubles or could suggests actions?

While i am here i am also having trouble Some times after i eat about 30 min later i am feeling like i am hungry. I can feel that my stomach is full but i am still feeling hungry which i am guessing is my body still craving something any ideas what that might be?

Any way i am very happy to be here and i hoping these are good questions for my first post. Thanks for your time.

My Meet and Greet post

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The headache could be from not getting enough sodium, magnesium, and/or potassium (electrolytes). Get some coconut water and try sipping that when you feel spaced out or get a headache, or salt some water & drink it. Are you sure you're hydrating enough and are you adding salt to your food?

Are you eating dairy? Some people have congestion from dairy. I do, so I don't eat it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Namelesswodner thanks for the quick reply. Having coconut water is one of the perks of living in St Lucia. I acutely had a bottle yesterday and did feel a little better. I have just been reading about the Carb Flu. Could it be this? Is that a real thing? I am really hoping it passes!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by creasyo View Post
    Namelesswodner thanks for the quick reply. Having coconut water is one of the perks of living in St Lucia. I acutely had a bottle yesterday and did feel a little better. I have just been reading about the Carb Flu. Could it be this? Is that a real thing? I am really hoping it passes!
    Yeah it's pretty common in the first month or so of cutting out processed foods. Some fruits are a good source of these electrolytes as well, so if you can have a piece of fruit or more a day, go for it! If you are aiming to be low carb for any reason, a little fruit will not hurt that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah it's pretty common in the first month or so of cutting out processed foods. Some fruits are a good source of these electrolytes as well, so if you can have a piece of fruit or more a day, go for it! If you are aiming to be low carb for any reason, a little fruit will not hurt that.
    Ah good tip. I have not been eating much fruit at all trying to cut it down so i will add a little in for the start. I guess it means i am doing the right thing!

Thanks again, was thinking twice about joining the forum but the support has been great already