Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many times? page

jpippenger Guest

Shop Now

Just curious how many times a day/week do you tell people about your primal life?

Perhaps its just because I'm starting to see the benefits of this lifestyle that I want to share it with everyone, but I find myself having a conversation with at least one person everyday about how awesome it is to be primal.

alejandro Guest

I donīt talk to a lot of people about being primal because I find it tedious when they start telling me that Iīm crazy for having a high fat diet or other things like that. I only talk to those who I see are genuinely interested and curious about the primal blueprint, it doesnīt matter if in the end they donīt agree with me, but I want them to actually consider it. However, when I had just started being primal I talked very frequently about it as you do.

Dollface is offline Member

I will if people are interested but otherwise it's like talking about religion and politics. Everyone thinks they are right.

The other day we went for coffee and I asked the lady if they could make me a vienna, she didn't know what it was and I said it has whipped cream instead of milk, she laughed and said oh we don't have cream here it's not good for you. Then another lady piped in that she was a dietician and I should be having trim. So I laughed and walked away. How frustrating! My dh said oh baby in about 10 years maybe people will start to get it. He's right, it might take that long before people realise the current diet isn't working.

I wish I could talk to more people about how being primal is actually really simple and how good they could feel but for some reason most people just put a wall up.

alejandro Guest

Yeah thatīs exactly what happens to me, itīs almost impossible to have a rational discussion because they just keep repeating the same things and they donīt see any need to justify what they are saying.

lekressin Guest

I've tried to tell friends about it but they all just think I'm ridiculous and unhealthy. I think it's just because they love carbs and don't want to admit that they're bad for you.

Mr B Guest

I don't talk about anymore.

In fact, even though I followed most of the dietary guidelines of PB before I even knew about it as "PB", I didn't talk about.

My family and friends didn't understand why I did what I did, nor did they take seriously what I told them the few times I acknowledged their comments. So...I just stopped talking about it.

Now, the current people in my life still shake their heads at me, but they pretty well go along with my preferences.

jpippenger Guest

I'm going to keep a before and after pic, along with a before and after blood test, so I can show what a primal lifestyle can do for you.

I hate seeing people suffer needlessly. I suffered for too long, trying to count calories and eat low-fat. I grew larger and larger and felt like a failure and had to cope with all kinds of pain and anxiety. It wasn't from not trying. It was from getting the wrong advice.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

jpippenger,

I feel the same way. I suffered when I was overweight and I see diet- and lifestyle-related suffering in everyone around me. But hardly anyone is open to the idea that you're better off not relying on any substance like alcohol or tobacco or pot to make yourself feel better, when all you need is to eat naturally and be active. People equate exercise with being tired, sore, sweaty and miserable. And just about everyone is an honest-to-god sugar addict. Reason and logic don't work when you talk to addicts.

Anyway, before I go off on too much of a tangent, I used to talk about it freely when the subject of health and fitness came up, but now I try to keep my mouth shut unless the other people seem open to new (old?) ideas.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Paneristi is offline Member

Haha

I tried the other night over dinner - well my friends think PM is AITKINS re-dresed and all marketing hype.

- oh well their loss not mine - I dont give a hoot frankly why bother to try and sell it ...

deepthought is offline Junior Member

At least once aday, I "preach", mostly at lunch, when somebody asks about my "lunch composition". Meat and veggies seems som make people confused somehow.

Cholesterol often comes up, and I LOVE to explain what cholesterol IS and what it DOES. I also love to tell people how well I feel, and how delicious my food are.

Keep preaching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast