Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do people gain weight eating this way? page

hermanda is offline Senior Member

Do people gain weight eating this way?

Shop Now
    Hi there everyone,
    so I'm up 2 lbs and I'm wondering about gaining muscle and if that's what is going on. I feel stronger but I also have the same fat present. I feel dense. I'm also trying to drop 10 lbs to get back to m weight which I was at 10 months ago. Is it possible to gain muscle weight first and then loose the fat and still go down in over-all weight?
    hmmmmm..

Katt is offline Senior Member
    Sure is. Don't rely on the scale. Get a tape measure and check your body measurements.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    My weight has stayed basically the same since going strictly primal about 8 weeks ago. If you believe the scale, bodyfat has come down about 2%, and the pants are fittling a bit looser (but not dramatic). Since I am petite and female (and over 40), I will note that I think it is entirely too possible to gain weight or overeat being primal. One, is that the amount of protein per day (at 0.7 to 1.0 gram per lb. lean mass) is really not that much. Two is that my satiety meter is a bit off, and I cannot eat until full as I would continue to eat until uncomfortable and then realize that I overate, and three, many primal foods, like nuts, are just very calorically dense.

I feel more energetic and feel this way of eating is good for my blood sugars and plan to stick with it, but I am not expecting any great shifts on the scale, certainly not over short periods of time.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I went up about 10 lbs before dropping 8 from where I started. My focus has been / is adding muscle though.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    YOu can certainly gain weight (fat) while being primal. And you won't gain muscle unless you are lifting weights.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    On gaining weight, 3 words:
    NUTS NUTS NUTS

They are delicious, and good for you, but holy cow is it easy to go overboard. Commit to no nuts for 1 week and I bet you drop a couple of lbs....

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Aw that sux I was really looking forward to making Marks Nut Butter Bars but I want to lose also.

Once you know if it is or is not contributory, then you can decide if it's in the once or twice a week category, or if it is in the very rare category.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I am still on the fence with that with things like nuts, dairy, and red wine.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneArchy View Post
    I am still on the fence with that with things like nuts, dairy, and red wine.
    I really do have to watch overall cals as well as dairy consumption and rw consumption.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast