Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ***question*** page 8

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    weight will go in fits and starts and you have lost about 30% of your goal already, yes?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    My first YEAR I only lost five pounds (goal of 30). In the following year and a half, after figuring out I am actually intolerant to wheat and playing around with my macros (quadrupling protein--I was sill under the .3 grams/pound mentality) I lost ten more pounds in two random chunks. If you're coming from a "healthy" diet, whether CW or vegan as I'd done both, I think your losses might not be as dramatic as someone from junk food and SAD.

Get healthy first, weight loss will naturally follow. Typically it's the quick losers who relapse and regain. I think us slow losers don't want to have to do all that hard work all over again. :/

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Next question, what causes black rings under the eyes, and i mean really black black rings. Is it just a lack of sleep, or could there be a deficiency of a mineral or vitamin ??????
    Sinusitis is a common cause. The inflammation in the tissues of the sinus impede venous return. Causing what looks like bruising. Its more common if you sleep on your stomach versus your back and if you have pollen or dust allergies. Its not generally harmful.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Indeed - that thread was nowhere near as popular as it should have been.

I handle all my tea-talk over at TeaChat these days. It's run by Adiago, but they're crazy hands-off. Pretty much outside of their special "Adiago Announcements" and "Adaigo Product Feedback" subforums, they never come up. It's all much higher level discussion 99% of the time.

Even some of the big name bloggers in the Anglosphere come there - Halfdipper, MarhsalN, Wu De and others.

M.
    could you possible provide me with a link ME ??????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    could you possible provide me with a link ME ??????
    I got this:

TeaChat

Also:

Steepster — A Tea Community
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Quote Originally Posted by malé View Post
    Hello All,

I have been primal for 5 weeks now, in the first week I didn't loose any weight, in the second I lost 2kg (around 4lb), on the third week i lost 1kg(2.20lb), then it stopped , in the last two weeks I haven't loose a pound. For the comments that i had read almost everybody lost a lot in the first month or 5 weeks, and I have only lost 3kg (6lb), so I guess my question is: is it normal that I have lost only that? i haven't reached my goal at all, i still need to loose at least 7kg more. Thank you for any help that you can provide.
    Male, welcome to MDA. I have been living this way since july2012 and seriously I didn'tlose much at all over that time. In fact I put on weight until very recently. its not always about the weight, and I think that maybe I just needed to get better first. Now I have started losing weight, and its dropping off 1 kg per week. Hopefully this will last. If you want an indepth look at what I am doing send me a PM

...small steps....

thanx Drumroll, I will certainly be brewing my tea - au naturel - from now on !!!!!

...small steps....

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    thanx Drumroll, I will certainly be brewing my tea - au naturel - from now on !!!!!
    Solid idea due to chemicals in the tea bags.

Also, consider buying organic if/when possible. Though sometimes you'll have to accept that you just can't and still get what you want.

Oh, and:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84070.html
    Last edited by Drumroll; 02-22-2014 at 02:02 AM.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

malé is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    weight will go in fits and starts and you have lost about 30% of your goal already, yes?
    thank you noodletoy!

malé is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    My first YEAR I only lost five pounds (goal of 30). In the following year and a half, after figuring out I am actually intolerant to wheat and playing around with my macros (quadrupling protein--I was sill under the .3 grams/pound mentality) I lost ten more pounds in two random chunks. If you're coming from a "healthy" diet, whether CW or vegan as I'd done both, I think your losses might not be as dramatic as someone from junk food and SAD.

Get healthy first, weight loss will naturally follow. Typically it's the quick losers who relapse and regain. I think us slow losers don't want to have to do all that hard work all over again. :/
    Thank you RittenRemedy!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast