Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold hands page

Lazybastard is offline Junior Member

Cold hands

Primal Fuel
    Hi

I'm new to this forum, but I have been doing primal for about 2 months now.
    Unfortunately, there is 1 annoying side effect. My hands are always cold, whether I eat or not.

Is there some secret food/ingredient/excercise/ (some other thing) that would help me get rid of my problem?

Grts
    Last edited by Lazybastard; 06-21-2010 at 01:51 AM.

zorba is offline Member
    This is a new thing for you? (They weren't always cold before you went Primal?)

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I have the same issue. I think it's IFing that causes it in me. I really can't offer a solution though other than to dress warm and drink lots of hot tea.

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    I get cold hands now too...but for me it is only when I'm in a fasted state and in a chilly environment (for example... at work[a/c way too cold] before I eat if I'm IF'ing BFast)...but once I break my fast over lunch (granted I do go outside in the hot Florida sun) I'm fine

I work inside in the AC too and IF pretty much every day. I feel like I'm cold blooded now. It's a side effect that I'm okay with though.

Lazybastard is offline Junior Member
    It started with getting primal.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure I read eating more fats will make you warmer. You body will naturally regulate temperature by chilling the extremities hands feet, ears, to maintain higher temps for the organs. Maybe you're primal, but not getting enough fats? I did that for a few weeks with the ingrained fear of fats many of us have. Cold hands can point to circulatory issues for obese and pre diabetics. My feet used to fall asleep all the time before changing my diet for the better. I hadn't even thought about it until typing this post, but that hasn't happened in the two months since the diet change.

Eating lots of fat doesn't seem to help with me. I don't eat many carbs so, my diet is pretty much fats and protein and my fingers still get cold. My blood pressure has always be great too. If there's an easy solution, I don't know what it is.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    My hands and feet get cold ever since I went primal. I don't know what causes it and I'm pretty used to it, but it's definitely something that started with this lifestyle.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Eating lots of fat doesn't seem to help with me. I don't eat many carbs so, my diet is pretty much fats and protein and my fingers still get cold. My blood pressure has always be great too. If there's an easy solution, I don't know what it is.
    Maybe Vibrams will come out with some primal gloves so we can start walking on all fours again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast