Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cold hands page 3

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the info, cillakat. I'm off to work but will check out the vit d link when I get home.

Daemon - the protein/increase of body heat is a ways into GCBC but I found it very interesting. Don't recall specific numbers being cited though....
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Ika
    Ika is offline Member
    I don't think anyone mentioned iodine yet? I've had problems with always-cold hands that turned horrid shades of blue and purple and red ever since I was really young. My dad was Dx's with Raynaud's, so by default I figured that must be what I have. I was hoping going primal might help, which I think it did, but not very much.
    However, recently I did a little reading up on iodine, and how most people in America today are deficient in it (and a symptom of this deficiency can be cold hands/feet). I started taking Lugol's iodine solution (started at 3.125mg, then 6.5, now 13), and I don't know if its just cuz its summer now, but about 75% of the time my hands have been normal colored (which they NEVER were before!) and normal tempature! I really think the iodine is working for this (on a side note, all of my fibrocystic breast tissure is gone too yay!!), but the real test will be when winter comes...brr! :P
    HTH!!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    This is just my opinion and I have no research, but I wonder if my cold hands aren't related to the fact that I have thin wrists. From working out, my forearms have grown to a very respectable size and my hands have always been very strong. There really aren't any muscles on my wrists though that I can work one though so, they're still thin and scrawny. (Handcuffs work really well on me) I wonder if just not enough blood can get to my hands.

Jibby is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ika View Post
    I don't think anyone mentioned iodine yet? I've had problems with always-cold hands that turned horrid shades of blue and purple and red ever since I was really young. My dad was Dx's with Raynaud's, so by default I figured that must be what I have. I was hoping going primal might help, which I think it did, but not very much.
    However, recently I did a little reading up on iodine, and how most people in America today are deficient in it (and a symptom of this deficiency can be cold hands/feet). I started taking Lugol's iodine solution (started at 3.125mg, then 6.5, now 13), and I don't know if its just cuz its summer now, but about 75% of the time my hands have been normal colored (which they NEVER were before!) and normal tempature! I really think the iodine is working for this (on a side note, all of my fibrocystic breast tissure is gone too yay!!), but the real test will be when winter comes...brr! :P
    HTH!!
    It has been a couple years now and I was wondering if the iodine (or anything else) has helped anybody recover from Raynaud's?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123