Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Small rant - add your own if you want!! :) page 28

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    We were asked who wanted to put together a handout on nutrition for athletes to give out at workout. I said I'd be glad to. They want the coworker to do it, because she "clearly knows all about nutrition".
    That has to be frustrating!

Reminds me of weight watchers. Has nothing to do with nutrition. You could eat snickers and twinkies and wash it all down with a coke as long as you stayed within your points. And you will lose weight. Doesn't mean you are healthy.

DennyB is offline Senior Member
    Hate when obese people give you diet recipes/fitness advice, kinda like a smoker telling a non smoker how to quit...........

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    ((Must. Not. Bitch. About. Army! Ugthghhg!)

I have some clean though marginally not paleo bread (it's got 3 tablespoons of oats per serving) in the freezer, and I brought a serving to work the other day with MAYBE half a tablespoon of butter across two smallish slices. I was talking to a female coworker (I love her; she's awesome, but) when I added the butter THE JUDGEMENT POURED FROM HER EYES.

This coworker has also told me that all humans can be allergic to meat because we didn't evolve to eat it according to evolutionary history. This isn't the vegan coworker either. Save me!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post

This coworker has also told me that all humans can be allergic to meat because we didn't evolve to eat it according to evolutionary history. This isn't the vegan coworker either. Save me!
    I'm curious to know (according to her) what we evolved to eat.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Not a rant as much as a story from today at work.... a short one.

Had a patient that I saw 9 months ago, did surgery on one of his eyes.....he ended up completely rejecting our diet regimen that is always the final step. Today, I saw his sister who ALSO now a raging diabetic. I am refusing to operate though. She needs a chance to get it under control first.

Take her in and mention that the next appointment will mostly be spent with the nutritionist. She starts to get pissed off because he brother told her that my regimen is "insane", and explains that she has been a vegetarian now for 6 months. She is also mad that her numbers have actually gotten WORSE since then. She tells me she will not be seeing me again for the nutrition consult, only for her eyes in 6 months. She doesn't want my nutritional help, despite my showing her a binder that PROVES an 85% success rate, over a period of 18 months, of getting down to zero meds or one.....instead I get a bunch of garbage about how she eats soy chips as a snack now, with a lot of pudding as a desert.

I tell her that I will need to see her in 6 months, and that she will have an appointment with her PCP in 3 months due to her glucose being such a disaster (A1c was 9.7%) I again offer help from the nutritionist I have, at least to try to do a home consult to get some of the sugary garbage out of her house....and once more, I am met with how much her brother thought my plan was crazy, wouldn't work, and that SHE was going to keep on her current vegetarian (for 100% health reasons, mind you) plan.

With a few minutes left in the visit, I ask her how her brother's progress has been.

He died 2 months ago. Renal failure. At his last PCP appointment (I asked for the last record after the appt), his A1c was near 12%.

What the hell are you gonna do with some people?
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Denial is a powerful, powerful thing.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Laz. Just wow.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    What the hell are you gonna do with some people?
    There is a t-shirt that says "too much emergency medicine prevent natural selection". Maybe cruel, but I think this applies to non-emergency medicine also. And I'm talking about it applying to members of my immediate family also.

It is the nature of our current state of health and health (sick) care in the USA. Patients spend decades messing up their bodies then come to the doctor wanting a magic pill that will cure them overnight.

I'm sorry but my 'give a shit o meter' is broken for people that seek the easy way back to good health.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Wow, Laz. Just wow.
    yep Gwamma is feeling the same J ..................the old hipocratic oath 'an all ........... sometimes one thinks that one should just suggest...................... actually I had best not finish THAT sentence !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    My rant of the day...

I get comments from co-workers such as "your food is gross" or "how can you eat so much meat all the time?"

Now if I was to say to a co-worker "your fast food is gross" or "how can you eat so many chips all the time" I would be considered rude.

How is it considered not rude to comment on the food (healthy) I eat, but rude if I comment about somebody's (junk) food?

The other day I had enough. A co-worker comments "don't you get sick of steak" as I had brought it every day that week. I turned to her and said "don't you get sick of chips?" You wouldn't believe the look I got! Like I just called her fat to her face! I mean, she eats them every day. Way more than I eat steak. I was the one out of line?
    Last edited by Stacy15; 04-15-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast