Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Small rant - add your own if you want!! :) page 2

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I hear what you're saying... My dad just doesn't know how to read labels. Most of the time he just doesn't, going by what's on the front of the package. Yeah, that 'pure pork' has breadcrumbs in it. Stop trying to poison me. Sometimes, he does try to read the labels but misses something very important... "This barbecue rub must be good, it only has 1 gram of sugar!" Me: *highly suspicious* *takes jar* "Did you notice the serving size is 2 grams?" Him: "Oh. Nevermind." Yeah. This happens a lot. XD

@TQP I hear ya. That's why I like the new Personal Paleo Code book... high carbs do work for some people. I doubt they would ever work well for me, but after years of PCOS... yeah. VLC doesn't work for me either though. Before long I'm DYING for an orange. That just can't be healthy.

Superbeast is offline Member
    I'm ridiculously sick of people assuming that because I am not eating the foods that they absolutely INSIST on preparing for everyone (total SAD faire) that I am being 'disrespectful' or unappreciative of their efforts... I'm doubly sick of them using that asinine assumption to further prop up their other ludicrous 'evidence of my disrespectful attitude towards them' in other areas and creating a hatefest of biblical proportions when all I want is for them to leave me be!

I respect other people's dietary choices (granola every day with lowfat yogurt, ice cream, etc) and remain silent about them but then they ban bacon from 'their' household and expect that to be cool? No pork? Bullshit.

Well damn, that rant was quite a bit larger than I had anticipated... So much on my plate right now, and so little of it to my liking.
    Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
    Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    My daughter is nursing beyond 2 years old and everyone says she's being deprived of nutrition because she never had formula. How about that she hardly ever gets sick??

And because she's deprived, everyone loves to feed her donuts, cookies, cake, etc. Now my daughter is always asking for donuts and cookies. Greeeatt.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Two rants:
    1. That we equate health with weight loss - a diet is "healthier" bc I lost 2 exra pounts in a four week period (even though we pay no attention to what goes on with your hormonal profile, neurotransmitters, liver size, etc. during that time).

2. This is a forum rant - YOU CANNOT LOOSE WEIGHT PEOPLE! You LOSE weight...good lord I've never been so upset in the failings of English...it literally has become my number one pet peeve. I mean good lord it makes me want to put my fist through the screen.

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    My daughter is nursing beyond 2 years old and everyone says she's being deprived of nutrition because she never had formula. How about that she hardly ever gets sick??
    My 2 month old nephew is now eating nothing but formula, soy based formula, and he is ALWAYS sick! Constantly spitting up and sneezing and coughing. My SIL repeatedly says, "This formula smells disgusting! I can't believe he actually eats this stuff!" I feel so bad for him. Last weekend she was looking for ways to make her breast milk dry up.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    My 2 month old nephew is now eating nothing but formula, soy based formula, and he is ALWAYS sick! Constantly spitting up and sneezing and coughing. My SIL repeatedly says, "This formula smells disgusting! I can't believe he actually eats this stuff!" I feel so bad for him. Last weekend she was looking for ways to make her breast milk dry up.
    This makes me so sad. What makes people think a manufactured "food" could be better for a human baby than mother's milk?!
    I can understand in extreme situations it's necessary to find a different food source, but could we really have that many mothers and babies in such extreme situations, enough to fuel whole industries? If that's the case we really are in trouble.

I didn't know I had a rant until I read Lotusberries and girlhk's post.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    This makes me so sad. What makes people think a manufactured "food" could be better for a human baby than mother's milk?!
    I can understand in extreme situations it's necessary to find a different food source, but could we really have that many mothers and babies in such extreme situations, enough to fuel whole industries? If that's the case we really are in trouble.
    In my SILs case, it's extreme laziness. Also, this way her husband can feed the baby and she doesn't have to do any work. I know the baby gets left sitting in the car seat a lot. He's almost being treated like an inconvenient "thing" that has come into her life. Makes me want to scream.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post

And because she's deprived, everyone loves to feed her donuts, cookies, cake, etc. Now my daughter is always asking for donuts and cookies. Greeeatt.
    as the mom you could tell people to tone it down with the junk foods
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    In my SILs case, it's extreme laziness. Also, this way her husband can feed the baby and she doesn't have to do any work. I know the baby gets left sitting in the car seat a lot. He's almost being treated like an inconvenient "thing" that has come into her life. Makes me want to scream.
    Lotus I'll scream with you!

FWIW breast feeding can appeal to the truly lazy, no bottles to wash, no formula to warm and mix. Heck you don't even have to get out of bed, just roll over. And if you're really lazy (like I was) you get your husband to feed you while you nurse the baby!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Lotus I'll scream with you!

FWIW breast feeding can appeal to the truly lazy, no bottles to wash, no formula to warm and mix. Heck you don't even have to get out of bed, just roll over. And if you're really lazy (like I was) you get your husband to feed you while you nurse the baby!
    Not her! She puts the baby downstairs to sleep. Has never slept in the same room as him. Also, breast feeding would mean she actually has to hold her baby, which she rarely does. Formula feeding means her husband can do it and she doesn't have to be bothered. I think I'm so annoyed because I've always wanted kids, and because of my husband's poor health I'm not sure if we will have any anytime soon, or ever, and seeing her have a baby and not appreciate it pisses me off.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast