Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any long term Pimals experienced any problems from primal living? page

Grokdunc is offline Junior Member

Any long term Pimals experienced any problems from primal living?

Shop Now
    Been on the primal diet for 3-4 months now and getting some awesome results.

I look and feel great.

However I have a little paranoia about my hug intake of saturated fats. Evn though i feel and look good I and others around me ie girlfriend and parents, are a little worried that i will get crazy cholestrol problems and have a heart attack etc

I consume around 12 to 20 eggs per week minimum with lots of raw milk and yogurt and coconut oil...

Any one been on the diet for a few years and experienced problems?

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Yes they all experience Potato Defficiency.

Roach is offline Senior Member
    I'm interested to learn this too. I've been Primal for just about the same amount of time. Look good and feel better than ever. Even though I've read plenty which obliterates the lipid hypothesis sometimes I do wonder if all the awesome and delicious fatty foods I'm eating will cause me trouble down the road. It would be comforting to hear from some long time primals.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Yes they all experience Potato Defficiency.
    You must seriously be butthurt over the fact that not everyone agrees with your stance on potatoes.

Its hilarious watching someone be so... spirited... over a tuber.

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member
    In 2 years, i have never had a problem with the way I eat.
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

Acmebike is offline Member
    I've had regular blood work done over the past 2+ years of this (getting more primal/paleo as I go). I've even gone so far as to do 4 months red meat and animal fat only, just to see. I still eat mostly meat and some veggies.

In that time, my total cholesterol has risen and leveled off. Just over 220. A great number to be. Lower is bad, too; it is a "U" shaped curve. My C-reactive Protein has gotten low enough as to be "below reference values" by far. So very very very little inflammation from that marker. Trigs are sub 40, HDL is over 100, LDL is 135 and all large pattern A and the largest of that variant (all good things). All from NMR Lipoprofiles. My liver, kidney, minerals etc blood pressure is low and level, sleep is great, allergies GONE, eyesight improved, fertility made a comeback (had our first kid, a boy, 2 months ago, after getting a bad report card a few years back whilst on SAD for motility and swimmers). HBA1c is low, fasting glucose is low, insulin is low, all good signs as age creeps up on me (I'm 42 now).

Joint/muscle pain is gone, performance is up. My dentist has even made note of better dental health, improved enamel, and "thickening" jaw bone/tooth roots (not a real bone scan, just his observation) and total gum health.

The human animal is indeed engineered/evolved to eat red meat, high in fat, preferring brains, marrow, organ meats and the fattiest part of the critter. Following Sisson's Primal Blueprint can/will bring optimal health, that's for sure!

Read "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes, to get some insight into the "diet-heart" and "lipid" hypotheses. It is not that daunting of a book. It is a serious read, and will give you knowledge to look behind studies you hear touted every day in the mainstream and have the confidence that a high fat diet is a healthy diet. Own the knowledge, and don't worry. My cholesterol #s (HDL and Trigs) have my conventional wisdom doctor tickled pink (but for the total being so high, and the LDL scared her until she read up on particle size/type), she thought I had gone vegetarian (coupled with a 65lb weight loss over 3 months time)....

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I am currently reading Good Calories, Bad Calories, and it is really helping me to slowly go through a CW detox. It is hard to let go of the information that has been constantly ingrained in most of us our entire lives.

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I have a problem...

Whenever I try to slip into old ways I feel so much like crap that it's impossible for me to do it.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I can't eat out anymore.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Carnivore is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankOcean View Post
    Yeah I have a problem...

Whenever I try to slip into old ways I feel so much like crap that it's impossible for me to do it.
    +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast