Thread: Short Ribs page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Short Ribs

Shop Now
    I have some boneless short ribs I need to use up...

These are one of the few cuts i've never actually cooked. What is a quick and easy way to prepare these on a busy work night?

I know I could google a recipe or two, but I know you guys can probably give me something better!

Mermaid is offline Member

Short ribs recipe

Hey, I just made short ribs the other day. I posted the recipe on my blog: http://realbuttersbetter.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy.
    Mermaid

Mermaid is offline Member
    I just noticed you said "quick" The prep time for this is quick and I don't see any reason why you couldn't prep it all the night before and then just turn on the crock pot before work in the morning. They do need a long slow cooking time in some sort of liquid to get that flaky tender texture you want.
    Mermaid

Your recipe looks delicious, thank you. I was thinking since these were boneless they would lend themselves to more of a high-heat method like you would see at an asian restaurant, but i've got a slow cooker that's itching to be used so maybe i'll just go ahead and do your recipe

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Agreed. Braised, slow cooked, smoked. Take your time with short ribs and they will reward you.

hilltowner is offline Junior Member
    Boneless ribs are tasty just sauteed on the stove. I cook mine to about medium-rare; you could also cut them into chunks before cooking if the pieces are large.

Rad
    Rad is offline Junior Member
    Never seen boneless short ribs before!

Usually when I get the ones that are cut crosswise in 1/4"~1/2" slices (like Korean short ribs/kalbi), I'll just marinate them for an hour or two in anything I have on hand and throw them on the grill.

If they're a chunk of meat: +1 on the long slow braise route

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Never seen boneless short ribs before!

Usually when I get the ones that are cut crosswise in 1/4"~1/2" slices (like Korean short ribs/kalbi), I'll just marinate them for an hour or two in anything I have on hand and throw them on the grill.

If they're a chunk of meat: +1 on the long slow braise route
    Thanks for the tips, guys. I think since these are thinner short ribs in the Korean style, I'm going to try marinating them in a vinegar and sesame oil and garlic mixture and then sear grilling them.

However, I'm going to pick up some thick bone-in short ribs after work today to crockpot overnigher =)