Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drops of blood in diarrhea? page

StrongCheck is offline Member

Drops of blood in diarrhea?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry to put everyone off their food.

Im currently trying out digestive enzymes, hcl bentaine and clean low carb diet to heal my gerd.

I noticed just before a couple of fresh drops of blood in my loose stool. Last night I had some spicy meat which gave me diarrhea this morning, aside from that Ive been feeling good. I dont want to assume anything but if its a couple of drops of fresh blood, should I be alarmed? Cant go see a doctor immediately as we dont have an emergency near by.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the diarrhea may actually be a sign that you are healing, which is, obviously, a good thing. It may be a sign that your body is responding well to the HCL and enzymes and now it is trying to clear out all the junk that has accumulated due to having poor digestion for so long. Better digestion, probiotics, enzymes, more stomach acid all mean food enters the intestines faster, more toxins are removed from the body, and intestinal clearance should happen more often. Your body may simply be trying to get ahold of this fact.

Blood happens from time-to-time, don't worry too much. Where I'd be concerned is if this became a regular occurrence. I suggest keeping an eye on it but trying not too stress too much over one, singular occurrence.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    If they're bright red and it's a small volume, you's done probably busted a hemorrhoid. If the inside of your anus is kind of itchy and you're having some discomfort sitting down, you probably got piles.

It's not a big deal. Just keep eating clean and try not to overdo the insoluble fibre and you'll be ok. If you're eating a metric fuckton of lettuce or overdoing nuts and seeds I'd cut back on those things. Stick with soluble, fermentable fibre that will be gentler on your ass.

If it's a big volume of blood and/or the blood is dark, rather than bright red, get to an emergency department ASAP. Generally if it's darker, it's degraded in the gut and come from higher up, and you don't want bleeding higher up in the intestines. That may be a sign of polyps or a developing cancer.

Thanks so much, was freaking out. Ive never noticed piles before, but I was sore from the damn squirts.

Was literally 3 drops, quite small in amongst the floaties and was bright red like if Id just cut myself chopping the vegies (which I have bad habit of lol)

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    Generally bright red and small isn't a cause for concern. You can get them to probe you and test if you want just to make sure, but if it was my sphincter I wouldn't be overly concerned.

By the by, when we are healing/detoxing, we often feel WORSE before we feel better!

Why?

The body is trying to rid itself of toxic chemicals, foods, nutrients, and even organisms. It does this by releasing them into the blood stream, whereby they hopefully make their way into the intestines or the bladder and eventually get excreted in your fecal waste and/or urine. But before this can happen, the toxins must travel through your body and usually you release more than you can excrete at one time. Much of this excess simply gets redeposited elsewhere in the body. Over time, as your body gets rid of more and more toxins, the amount that will be released into the blood stream should become less and less (because you'll have less overall), and instead of being redeposited elsewhere, your body will begin to rid itself of the majority of the toxins.

Healing is a long process, you should remember to take it slowly at first and to NOT get greedy and try to rush the process.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

yes i am an all or nothing person, must retrain that thinking.

when it happened i went to google and saw something on one of the med sites about bleeding internally and i freaked out !

Just be aware, you may be experiencing what we in the know sometimes call a "healing crisis." It means you're healing, but feeling like shit (pun intended) while doing so.

yeah i think im at that point. im also adding foods back in slowly, so it might be that.

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Can you (or a loved one) check for fishers? (Tears in the skin around the anus)
    Just another possibility.

Also bleeding internally sucks and isn't always fatal within hours (I survived 2 months of it)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast