Thread: A cardiologists opinion - what's yours? page

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

A cardiologists opinion - what's yours?

Shop Now
    I was invited to partake in a test to identify if my heart issue is genetic. Of course me being a lab rat and totally interested in Genetics I agreed. I had my first appointment today with the doctor and the genetic researcher.
    While the whole genetic thing isn't important what I found out while talking to the good doctor was…

He stated that my heart issue is most likely due to a viral infection. 2 things could be the cause, either the virus itself attacked my heart muscles or the virus caused an immune response that grew into an auto-immune because the markers attached to my heart muscle.
    He also stated that any kind of little infection in my body could cause it all to happen again.
    So while the advise is to get my flu shot, it can trigger an other attack… also anything to prevent infections or stomach flu is advised.
    So I told him about Primal and eating no grains and processed foods. (I told him, "I eat only veggies, fruits, meat, nuts and all things coconut") He actually nodded in agreement and told me that he expected that in a few years time they most likely won't be talking about Cholesterol anymore as it's probably not as important to heart diseases as they used to think…

I also asked about supplements, he knew immediately which researches I was talking about and he told me that as long as I was informed properly it wouldn't do any harm. He says especially based on taking Bio-Q10 and L-cartine and Fish oil with vitamin D has theoretically a lot of benefits. On paper everything works but they struggle to prove it in practice because there are too many variables.

Seriously, this guy knew his research!! he had answers for all my questions… I love doctors like that…

I wondered what you all think about the auto-immune thing and that apparently mainstream is slowly coming back from their statements on fat and cholesterol?
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Hang on to that doc.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Many of the physicians I work with are no longer enamored with the cholesterol theory of heart disease. I think the movement is losing momentum and changes will be coming. It will be slow though. Change in medicine always is.

As for the autoimmune issue - are you asking about whether the flu shot can make it worse?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

earthlymumma is offline Senior Member
    I think that is a good doctor!

Also, I would look at natural ways to boost immunity and avoid the flu, and avoid that flu shot!

If I may ask, do you mean L-carnitine? And what benefit does that have for heart health? Im trying to help my father with his heart/health/dementia issues.

Have you considered vitamin K2 as well?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

pilot is offline Senior Member
    I know just a little about viral heart disease. A friend had to have a heart transplant because of it.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    As for the autoimmune issue - are you asking about whether the flu shot can make it worse?
    No, just what other people think. However the doctor was 50-50 on it so for me it's a bit of a concern… This year I didn't get the flu shot so I'm seeing how I fare with this.

Quote Originally Posted by earthlymumma
    If I may ask, do you mean L-carnitine? And what benefit does that have for heart health? Im trying to help my father with his heart/health/dementia issues.
    L-carnitine is advised for people with a weak heart muscle. it's a supplement that stimulates the energy use of your cells in your muscles. I'm reading the book "Reverse heart disease now" in which the cardiologist is describing a natural way to prevent and recover from heart issues. While my doctor says it's very select group of people who benefit from it and they can't match the good theory with practical results, it might just help.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

earthlymumma is offline Senior Member
    Wow I did not know that about mushrooms! They are quite amazing! I only looked at one mushroom article so far and the herb article, which is also excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post

L-carnitine is advised for people with a weak heart muscle. it's a supplement that stimulates the energy use of your cells in your muscles. I'm reading the book "Reverse heart disease now" in which the cardiologist is describing a natural way to prevent and recover from heart issues. While my doctor says it's very select group of people who benefit from it and they can't match the good theory with practical results, it might just help.
    Thanks for the reply and I will check out that book!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlymumma View Post
    Wow I did not know that about mushrooms! They are quite amazing! I only looked at one mushroom article so far and the herb article, which is also excellent!
    Ain't Mother Nature wonderful?

It gives all these fantastically SAFE and effective vitamins, minerals, and herbs to keep our health in balance and instead, docs and drug companies decide that synthetic chemical compounds with woefully inadequate testing done on them are the better way to go in most cases.

If you have a free evening:

Dr. Thomas Levy: Vitamin C & the Great Suppression
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."