Thread: Newbie needs advice page

Grok'sVanity is offline Junior Member

Newbie needs advice

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys what's up? So I'm new here and I was hopin that you would giv some advice. So I've read a lot about the primal/paleo lifestyle and it really fascinates me. I've kinda let myself go jus bit, I've been eatin a great deal of carbs and trash, and I'm definitely not as active as I should b. The problem has been that I'm really spontaneous and hate regimens, which is really why this program appealed to me. So I was thinking that I would adopt a primal like eatin style: which I understand to be lots of lean proteins, lots of vegetables, some fruit, and fats including nuts; if this is wrong please correct. I also thought that I would do crossfit as my workout, combined with increased outdoor activity. Please tell me what you think, and I'm open to any advice you can giv me. Thanks

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good. I'm not a huge fan of Crossfit, I think they still carry on the mantra of "work till you puke, there's no other way!!" which I don't believe in (I believe it has its place, but not all the time) but it will certainly kick your ass enough for you to feel it. Focus on your nutrition first, I say.

neophilus is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Grok'sVanity View Post
    So I was thinking that I would adopt a primal like eatin style: which I understand to be lots of lean proteins, lots of vegetables, some fruit, and fats including nuts; if this is wrong please correct.
    Almost correct, it's not about lean meat, the fat is good if it's from organicly raised, grass-fed animals. The veggies and fruits should be organic as well. Most fat you will get from good oils and lard and the like. If you can eat dairy, cheese can bring a lots of protein and fat as well (I always have my share of goat cheese in the fridge). Check out Mark's definitive guides on anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Taubes
    If you work out the numbers, you come to the surreal conclusion that you can eat lard straight from the can and conceivably reduce your risk of heart disease.

@: ye crossfit is pretty intense, but i've always loved my weight circuits and high intensity cardio. Also as I said I really like to change things up and crossfit is a different workout almost every time. Idk, I'll giv it some thot! Thanks for the advice!

@: and ye, this is gonna sound weird but I've actually never been a fan of fatty meats and cheeses, lol. It sounds really stupid but I've always like leaner foods! But I love almonds and other nuts so I can definitely boost my nut intake! Thanks for the advice!

If you guys hav any othr tips or advice please let me know! I'm all ears

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Don't use nuts as a major source of fat. Too much Omega 6. If you don't like fatty meat cook it in a saturated fat like lard, coconut oil. ghee, or butter.

Oh! I didn't think about the omega 6. I'll jus start cookin my meat and veggies in oil. Thanks

Griff is offline Senior Member
    No, not lean proteins - fatty ones! Eat ribeye, eat dark meat chicken, eat bacon! Lean proteins don't give you the fat you need in order to thrive.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html