Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Tennessee! page 3

Clio is offline Junior Member
    Another Nashville resident checking in here! It's nice to see so many other people in Tennessee are living the primal life!

Amanda is offline Member
    Welcome Clio! I was just in Nashville last weekend. Had my first-ever celebrity sighting - fun stuff.

BenK is offline Junior Member
    Nashville, TN (West Nashville Represent) My internet address www.benkreps.com, It's where i vent.
    Hey there fellow nashvillian. Well the best start you can have is to start finding recipes that you like and get used to making them. Don't know what part of nashville you're in but I'm pretty sure there is a farmers market near you. I was going to down town for the longest time til I found one that meets every saturday on charlotte pike in west nash. Sadly it stops meeting at the end of october due to season change. If you've been reading this site and wondering where to get grass feed meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh herbs, pastured eggs, etc., they have it all at the farmers market. If you love bread and pasta and have a hard time giving them up i suggest looking into coconut flour and almond flour and spaghetti squash. I get the flours off amazon personally. "Cooking with coconut flour" - BRUCE FIFE and "The gluten free almond flour cookbook" - ELANA AMSTERDAM are two cookbooks I own and use for breads, biscuits, etc. They are pretty amazing actually. There is nothing like starting your day with a dark chocolate chip scone made from pastured eggs, almond flour, and grass fed butter (I get kerrygold butter at trader joe's in green hills). Spaghetti squash is actually really good. I questioned it at first because it was squash and that just sounds weird. But its amazing. And since pasta is really just a vehicle for great sauces I would focus my efforts on great sauces and a good meat to go with it. i hope some of this helps you stay primal. Good Luck.

Rusa is offline Member
    I'd think Indian buffets would be OK if one avoids the (1) bread, (2) rice, (3) samosas, and (4) dessert. My lndian buffet is otherwise primal, as far as I can tell (veggies cooked with ghee, chicken tandoori, chicken tikka masala (chicken in yogurt sauce), saag paneer (creamed spinach with cheese), mushroom and pea curry, veggies in yogurt sauce), butter chicken.....I think I need to go eat lunch now, excuse me.
    Rusa

r1013 is offline Junior Member
    I live an hour south of Nashville TN and an hour north of Huntsville AL. I'm right in between Pulaski and Fayetteville!

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    How did I miss this thread?! I'm in Nashville:-) I had no idea there were so many other Nashvillians here! Maybe we need to have a potluck!
    Is anyone else a member of the Nashville Primal Meetup group?
    http://www.meetup.com/PrimalNashville/

BenK is offline Junior Member
    Nashville, TN (West Nashville Represent) My internet address www.benkreps.com, It's where i vent.
    Well i'm a member now. I didn't even know about it.

a-ray is offline Member
    guess, i'll have to join the meetup group as well. I don't visit the forums here much for whatever reason, but its good to see soo many nashvillians doing the primal thing!

Dalton is offline Senior Member
    I was born in Nashville, but y'all sure as hell don't want my opinion of TN, LOL!

P.S. UT sucks

Hampton is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Anyone else from Nashville? I am just getting started and would love to Speak with a few people about where to shop and so on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123