Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Tennessee! page 2

FMN
    FMN is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Former Tennessean here...now in Georgia, but I love Tennessee! Also brand new to the forum, but eating "almost" primal since March without knowing it. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and good luck to all of you living in one of my favorite states!

BenK is offline Junior Member
    Nashville, TN (West Nashville Represent) My internet address www.benkreps.com, It's where i vent.
    Primal in nashville here too. Just found the west nashville farmers market last month. It's so nice not to have to drive down town all time.

Lizzie125 is offline Member
    Hey--I'm in Knoxville!

I buy meat from West Wind too...but I need to get a freezer so I can buy more in bulk. I also buy meat at Earthfare, esp. when they have specials.

I gained a lot of weight when I moved to Kville because I have NEVER lived in such a car dependent environment, so incidental exercise (walking/biking/running errands w/o a car in big cities is v. primal, I now realize). Also, the air here is pretty bad and I think it makes me less energetic. Primal is helping a lot though.

Finally, I find winter a more physically strenuous season, tromping through snow regularly, shoveling and scraping, wearing an extra 10 lbs of clothing and dealing with dramatic temp changes and so forth helps: not having a real winter down here (I am from Canada originally, and moved here from Minnesota) also bogged me down in a strange way. I do NOT miss shoveling, cold or any of that and love the weather here mentally and physically, but I don't think it was good for my body on a deeper level.

In any event, I am fighting it. Good to see Tennesseans here.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Hey, Hey, Hey ! Lexington, TN reporting here.

We are 15 miles North of Lexington, very near to Clarksberg.

Grok On, fellow Tennesseans. PS) Tennessee is 2nd in the nation for Obesity. We need to teach all of our neighbors to buy the Primal Blueprint.

Best of health to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-26-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Lizzie125 is offline Member
    I knew we were in the top 10 for obesity, but did not realize it was #2. Based on the gain I experienced, I am not surprised.

TN is also in the top ten for prescription drug/antidepressant use, I believe, and Kville is top 10 for worst air.

Hello from big orange country! Sophomore here at UT Knoxville!

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    soooo manyyyy tennesseeans, i'm surprised. there's usually like.. 1 besides me

Amanda is offline Member
    Hey y'all, I'm in Knoxville! (Go vols!) So excited I found this thread!

Just today, I went to a shop on Campbell Station Road called Benefit Your Life. It's a gluten-free/natural foods store and they had some of the products that I've seen mentioned on here - coconut flour, coconut sugar, So Delicious coconut milk, and they had some local meats and eggs. Check it out if you are in the area. Earthfare is a good source for some of this stuff too. Found some Kerrygold butter there last week and tried it - good stuff! Also been shopping at The Market in Maryville - they sell lots of grassfed meats from Laurel Creek Farms.

No, I don't work for these places - I'm just a sucker for products.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    all we have is a farmers' market which is fruit and veggie and chain grocery stores. granted, walmart does have coconut milk but i'm almost afraid to try it. like... how long has it been on the shelf? that section almost never changes

Amanda is offline Member
    True, Walmart is pretty sketchy when it comes to that stuff. I know produce from Walmart is terrible. We have a farmers market too, but I never seem to make it there. On Saturday mornings, I'm either sleeping in a tent or just sleeping in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast