Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Maine page

marktripp is offline Senior Member

Hello from Maine

Primal Fuel
    Hello fellow PBers. I figured I would finally join instead of lurking in the shallow waters. I have been a PBer since november after a good friend told me about it.
    Just a little about myself: 2 years ago I was 270lbs and slowly have made my way down through diet and exercise to now 180-190 on a 6'4" frame. I am having a hard time with the last few pounds of low belly fat. I always tell myself to be patient, it took years to get "fat" it's going to take sometime to get lean. For the past 2months I have really dialed in to under 70g carbs a day on workout days(due to supps and dairy). On off days it's is common to be around 50g. It seams as I have leveled off, any sugestions? I just read the post on re-feeding, might that be what I need?

My 2 month average is:
    Calories:3034
    Fat:178.7
    Carb:69.6
    Protein:278.2

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    If you want to lose a few more lbs. then I suggest lowering your calorie intake. Thats a lot of protein. Just eat a little less and maybe workout a little more. Keep the ratios and you should be able to lose a few more lbs. a little easier. Listen to your body as much as possible.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Maybe I should have included that my goal is to add lean muscle which is why I have such high protein. My workouts are usually on,off,on,off,on,off,on,off,off then repeat. Usually 45mins or so of weight lifting and 20 min cardio. Plus on my days off I am on the go, I am a Firefighter/EMT and work alot of hrs a week and then when not working I'm usually doing a home project so it is go,go,go.

I also should add that as of late I cannot seem to get full, I find myself wanting to eat everything.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Maybe consider consuming more fat and not as much protein? Almost 300 grams is A LOT no matter how big you are and what your goals are.

Try drinking water or tea when you are hungry. Sometimes this fights off the hunger for a bit.

Or, just do not eat as much at one time. You say you are hungry all the time but once you swallow a few bites you should not be starved anymore. Eat a little less at each meal. Just stop eating when you are satisfied, not when you are completely "full".
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Welcome fellow Mainer!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Thanks, I figured there would be some fellow mainiacs on here

Quote Originally Posted by Dosenberry View Post
    Maybe consider consuming more fat and not as much protein? Almost 300 grams is A LOT no matter how big you are and what your goals are.

Try drinking water or tea when you are hungry. Sometimes this fights off the hunger for a bit.

Or, just do not eat as much at one time. You say you are hungry all the time but once you swallow a few bites you should not be starved anymore. Eat a little less at each meal. Just stop eating when you are satisfied, not when you are completely "full".
    Here is a little update, on Sunday I did a re-feed. Since I have re-evaluated my intake habits and noticed I was falling back into the CW way of eating a big meal 3 times a day. I have since gone back to just snacking rather than having a "meal". I have debated fasting for a day and so far yesterday I was 500 cal less and today it is now 100pm and I havent eaten anyhting and feel great. Thanks for the help.

gini is offline Senior Member
    My mom lives in Maine. Gorgeous country up there. Hi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast