Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Only in TX....

Only in TX....

Shop Now
    I just got my hands on grass fed Texas Longhorn prime rib for $5/ lb and grass fed Texas Longhorn strip steak for $3/ lb ohhh yeeahhhh........ I'm just aching to fire up the grill this week.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

No fair....I'm jealous.

Cook it up good!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Where?

Ugh, I hate you. Grassfed beef seems to be tied to the gold standard in my 'hood.

YT Beef. West TX. They're also online.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Did you order online? They don't have much information, and i hate to call to find out that i wasted their time because of prices/shipping or something.

I got mine at the farmer's market...
    My Latest Journal

I live about 60 miles north of Dallas/Fort Worth and have a local butcher that I get grass feed ground beef from for $1.89/lb. That's cheaper than the grain fed stuff at Wal-Mart!! It is a bit fatty, but still. I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by primalmomma View Post
    I live about 60 miles north of Dallas/Fort Worth and have a local butcher that I get grass feed ground beef from for $1.89/lb. That's cheaper than the grain fed stuff at Wal-Mart!! It is a bit fatty, but still. I'll take it!

Care to share your source? I'm in Plano and would love to find a good source!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddymama View Post
    Care to share your source? I'm in Plano and would love to find a good source!
    It's call Dan's Meat and Produce in Denton. They are great. It's a litte hole in the wall (no, really... a hole in the wall!!) place ran by a husband and wife. They have other cuts of grass fed beef, too. LOVE THEM!