Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: meghee's journal page

meghee is offline Member

meghee's journal

Primal Fuel
    I've been a MDA forum reader for a few years and I've eaten paleo/primal on and off since 2011, but I never stick with it long. I've had a couple of recent health scares and this morning I decided to just dive in and give up gluten. I know how I want to eat (organic, grass fed, raw dairy, highest quality) but right now I'm just focusing on avoiding gluten. I'm not going to stress over my inability to currently afford all organic food, I'm not going to beat myself up if I eat some cheese. But I won't eat gluten.

I've read and researched paleo for years and I own a few books too. I'm always suggesting other people find out more about how amazing this diet is, but I've consistently let myself get sidetrack from healthy eating. I won't do that again. Slips are okay, they happen. But I will no longer slip up, and then eat a pizza and then drink a coke and then go "oh well, cereal for breakfast tomorrow!". It's silly and its lazy.

My goals are to get my myriad of health problems under control (i'm only 23) and to lose weight. I've been overweight my entire life b/c I was raised on fast food and I was very inactive. I'd like to be able to do the Warrior Dash in May, so getting strong is a huge goal as well.

Hopefully this journal will keep me organized and keep me accountable.

meghee is offline Member
    Sat, Feb 8th - Daily food and exercise log

Breakfast 9am - 2 scrambled eggs, baby spinach leaves, asparagus spears, small round steak, all cooked in butter and ghee.
    Lunch 2pm - tilapia fillet, green beans, half cup shredded sweet potato, w/diced onion and garlic. cooked in butter, coconut oil.
    Snack 5:20pm - 5 deviled eggs , made with crappy mayo, mustard. 3 pieces deli sliced turkey breast.
    Dinner 9pm - 2 fried eggs in coconut oil, asparagus, ham slices

Drinks: water, lemon water, decaf earl grey tea with 1/2 tblsp honey,

Exercise at 12:30pm, all workouts from Fitnessblender.com
    -Fast & Effective Bodyweight Upperbody Workout, 7 minutes
    -Quick and Intense Bodyweight & Cardio Workout Blenders HIIT Harder, 6min
    -Pilates infused cool down & stretch to tone and lengthen, 7 minutes
    Last edited by meghee; 02-08-2014 at 07:49 PM.

meghee is offline Member
    Sun, Feb 9th - Daily food and exercise log

Breakfast 7:40am - 2 scrambled eggs w/spinach and red onion, ham slices, cooked in coconut oil.
    Lunch 1pm - round steak, dijon mustard, green beans, shredded sweet potato, slice ham, red onion, cooked in ghee
    Snack 5pm - deviled egg, banana
    Dinner 7pm- round steak, brussels sprouts, asparagus, cooked in butter.

Drinks - Water, coffee w/splash whole milk, honey, cup of whole chocolate milk (milk, cocoa, sugar, preservatives), decaf earl grey w/ heavy cream
    Last edited by meghee; 02-10-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    Age 23, Height 5'10''

Feb 8th, 2014 Weight 218lb
    Feb 14th 2014 Weight 214lb
    Mar. 1 2014 Weight 213lb
    Mar. 29 2014 Weight 211lb

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome. Looks like you are off to a great start. We are the same height and around the same weight (207) but you are 25 years younger than me!! I wish I had known about primal/paleo when I was 23. Best wishes for your success

meghee is offline Member
    Thanks so much! I'm excited to get started and stick with it.
    Age 23, Height 5'10''

Mar. 1 2014 Weight 213lb

LoraEwinaga is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with getting started! It looks like you're doing great so far! I also just started and it's nice and inspirational to read up on your meal plans.

meghee is offline Member
    Mon, Feb 10th - Daily food and exercise log

Breakfast 9am- 2 eggs scrambled with spinach, onions, shredded sweet potato, ham
    Lunch 2:30pm whole dill pickle, 2 small carrots raw, 5 sugar snap peas raw, some raw spinach leaves. Tuna salad made with crappy mayo, dijon, yellow mustard, orange bell pepper, onion, some shaved carrot - wrapped in Boston lettuce.
    Dinner half bell pepper, filled with ground beef, onion, tomato, garlic. 4 stuffed mushrooms with same beef mix, plus mozzarella.

Snacks Brown Cow Yogurt raspberry, egg, half banana, a few berries,

Drinks - coffee w/heavy cream, honey, water, swig chocolate milk

Exercise at 1pm All from Fitnessblender.com

5 minutes: Inner Thigh Workout – Best Toning Exercises for Inner Thighs
    6 minutes: Quick and Intense Bodyweight HIIT Cardio Workout - Blenders HIIT Harder!
    5 minutes: Quick Yoga Cool Down and Stretch - Cool Down Stretches

I need to remember to focus on controlling my movements as I exercise. The goal is not to move as quickly as the instructors on the video, but instead to keep my movements controlled and tight.
    Last edited by meghee; 02-10-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    Age 23, Height 5'10''

Mar. 1 2014 Weight 213lb

meghee is offline Member
    Tue, Feb 11th - Daily food and exercise log

Breakfast 4:30am - 1/4cup shredded sweet potato cooked in butter, plus 1/4cup leftover ground beef mix.
    Lunch 8:30am - 3 boston lettuce leaves with tuna salad. 3 raw carrots.
    Dinner leftover stuffed bell pepper, 4 stuffed mushrooms (Filling: spinach, onion, mozzarella, bacon)
    Snacks half banana, 1 egg, 12 blueberries (in form of 5 mini banana egg muffins), half tilapia filet that baby wouldn't eat, brown cow strawberry yogurt

Drinks - water, decaf earl grey w/heavy cream, 1 cup chocolate milk
    Last edited by meghee; 02-11-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    Age 23, Height 5'10''

Mar. 1 2014 Weight 213lb

meghee is offline Member
    I'm so tired today. I live with my best friend, B, and while she's on military orders, I stay home with her 18 month old daughter. It's best if the 3 of us can be on the same schedule, or at least close to the same. B and I woke up at 4am and baby woke at 5. And we all went to bed much too late.

I've noticed that I'm a billion times more hungry today than I have been the past few days. I'm attributing this to being tired and feeling generally pretty out of whack. Hopefully tonight we can sleep at 8pm.
    Age 23, Height 5'10''

Mar. 1 2014 Weight 213lb

AutumnTiger is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey meghee,

Glad to find your journal. As has been said, I wish I had found primal at your age. What I got instead was Susan Powter, who bless her heart did an awful lot to discredit much of the diet industry, and thought she'd figured it out, but things have come a long way since then ... I wonder what she would make of paleo.

Anyway, sounds like you know what you are doing its just a matter of consistent application. Looking at your meal plans I'm thinking you've really got it together and I look forward to learning from you and stealing your ideas

I also love FitnessBlender, though I've really only used a few of their workouts, mostly with my kettlebell, which I need to get back into ... though since we moved we don't really have the swing space ... I might wait til the weather is better and attempt it on the patio ... no doubt to the amusement and confusion of the neighbours!

Good luck on your journey

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast