Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paleo Office Snacks page

PaleoStats is offline Junior Member

Paleo Office Snacks

Shop Now
    I just found out about an organic snack company started by Stanford students, and I got a 10% off coupon through my Stanford class. Oh My Green! - Customized tasty and healthy organic and non-GMO snacks for companies and individuals. - Oh My Green!
    Does anyone have thoughts about this website compares to naturebox.com , graze.com, and its competitors?
    Does anyone have good suggestions on snacks that I can order for me and my colleagues?

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as a "Paleo snack." Paleo/Primal diet is generally 2-3 big home-cooked meals, dumped on plates and necessitating knife and forks.* You totally forget to have snacks between meals because you're too full and busy metabolizing fat.

---------------
    *Hm... that's pretty ironic. Grok certainly ate with his fingers, yet our modern finger food is... SAD snackies.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

miata is online now Senior Member
    Yup. Oxymoron. Regardless, the stuff in the link looks like paleo poison.
    Last edited by miata; 02-08-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Good grief, yes, looks dire.

If I've missed a meal, don't have time to hard boil an egg and want to take snacks with me, I'll take macadamia nuts, chunks of creamed coconut and 85% chocolate, and any fruit that's handy.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as a "Paleo snack." Paleo/Primal diet is generally 2-3 big home-cooked meals, dumped on plates and necessitating knife and forks.* You totally forget to have snacks between meals because you're too full and busy metabolizing
    2-3? Who says?

I only eat once a day usually.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I've bought some of those products, mostly for my son. I'm not sure I'd want them around my office to snack on. I'd probably rather have actually junk food because then I would have no problem avoiding it. I could see how it could be easy to talk oneself eating the "paleo friendly" snacks.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Jerky.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    lol. the very first row of pix includes cookies and gummies. these are for people still eating sad, but want to feel like they are having a healthy snack. or, ya know, for when you run out of special k cereal bars.

ugh.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Paleo poison? Most of that isn't even paleo. Dairy heavy, rice heavy, sugar heavy, and money heavy. Something that Kelly Korg would feel good about.

Meanwhile, a public service announcement: Kale chips cover your teeth with green polka dots. Don't take them as an on-the-go snack unless you take a toothbrush too.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Nillos is online now Senior Member
    Whenever I want a paleo "snack" I get some raw carrots. Nomnom crunchy.

Whatever first post faileo advertisement link wut?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast