Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Dragline) page 2

Dragline Guest

Primal Fuel

August 8: Clean-up a local park with Cub Scouts for hour in morning. Will count as walking.

Ate various pieces of baked and grilled chix for lunch with some vegetables and nuts.

Dinner: Chicken fajitas and veggies (no tortillas or beans). Gin and tonic before dinner and 2 glasses of wine at dinner. Ate fruit, nuts, goat cheese and a little chocolate later. And some more wine -- we were having too much fun, here, I guess. Bad alcohol day for me.

August 9: Breakfast was grilled chicken and veggies.

Went to gym with boy #1 and did some heavy lifting and then played basketball for about 20 minutes.

Dragline Guest

August 9: Lunch: Caesar salad with grilled chicken. Ate a few nuts in the afternoon.

Dinner: Large steak, assorted raw vegetables and some fruit. Had a small piece of definitely non-primal cheesecake to celebrate a relative's birthday. 1-1/2 glasses of red wine. Ate a few nuts after that, but that was it for the evening.

Dragline Guest

First week's assessment: Did well with exercise and food primal-ness. Did not so well will the alcohol.

Exercise: Over 3 hours walking or similar, 2 short kettlebell workouts, one heavy lifting session, sprints and playing basketball. Also trying to do the primitive squat rest/stretch several times per day.

Foods: Only non-primals were really one piece of cheesecake.

Alcohol: Approximately 15.5 - 16 drinks. Should be between 7 and 14. Needs work.

Dragline Guest

August 10: It's a fast day for me. Trying to do one a week. Water, tea and a little coffee.

johndilsaver Guest

Hi. I don't know where your alcohol consumption level was before you began this, but it looks to me like you are doing well. You had several alcohol free days and you were very aware of what, when, and how much you were drinking. So, I'll give you "well done" for week one. I'm working on reducing my beer intake, notice I didn't claim I'd be able to stop it completely.

Best wishes for week two.

Dragline Guest

Thanks, John. My consumption pattern was usually 2 glasses of wine most days and "more" (and more variety) on weekends. My wife and I really enjoy red wine, and I like beer and scotch as well. But I think it has prevented me from losing those last few pounds of fat around my middle.

Dragline Guest

PrimalCon New York

August 11: Woke up early at 5 am. Breakfast: Goat kefir, piece of steak and some raw vegetables, mostly radishes. And coffee. Ate some sardines and carrots later in a.m.

Lunch: Pieces of grilled beef, chicken and salmon and a green salad with a strawberry or two. Snacked on carrots and had a sip of EV olive oil in the afternoon.

Dinner: Pork loan, a plate of raw vegetables and some cherries. Handful of nuts and a few dark chocolate covered ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12